chapter 6

"Freya" someone was calling me from my deep sleep. "Freya"

I opened my eyes slowly and focused on Pam's face. Rebecca hovered at the door.

"We didn't want to bother you but you need to come downstairs now" Pam added.

Straight away my heart fell and I could feel panic rising.
" What's happened. Is something wrong?"

"Not wrong" Pam replied pulling me to my feet. We decended into the front hall area where a delivery guy was bringing in vases of flowers.

"What the hell" I breathed. Vases of white roses lined the hallway and seating area of the sitting room.
The delivery driver handed me a card which I begrudgingly tore open.

A thousand roses for a mysterious girl. Each rose for each time I plan on asking you out. So let's cut to the chase and save time meet me tonight at Valentine's Restaurant 9pm.

Tristan.

I read the note aloud.
"Shut up" Pam gasped

I looked at the delivery guy.
"Take them back please." I snapped.

"I can't Mr Devon's instructions beside she signed for them" he shrugged pointing at Pam before leaving down the steps just as Mark appeared at my wide open front door.

I froze this could not be happening right now.
"Freya?" He asked looking at myself, Pam and Rebecca all standing in our hallway. He clutched a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He took in my disheveled bed hair, bed socks and short unicorn nightdress. I wished the floor would open up and swallow me.

"Mark hi what a surprise" my voice sounded startled.

"I thought I drop by and see if you wanted to grab dinner later" he added lamely holding out the flowers.

"Holy sweet Jesus" Pam gasped as Rebecca elbowed her.

"I was thinking Big Don's I could pick you up at 8?" He ignored Pam and Rebecca.

"Ah ok sure sounds good." I replied more just to end this akward encounter. I took the flowers from him. "Thanks" I meekly added.

" No problem although I wish I'd chosen chocolates now" he smiled indicating to the obnoxious vase after vase of roses scattered everywhere.

"No they're beautiful thank you" I rushed.

"Ok well I'll see you at eight" he smiled turning to leave.

"Yup that would be great. Bye" I closed our door behind him.

Pam fell to her knees in front of me
" You are a goddess teach me all you know" she mockingly worshipped me.

"Hahaha" I sarcastically responded. "Seriously what am I going to do?"

"Oh poor you two gorgeous guys falling all over you. What will you do?" Rebecca crossed her arms.

"Ok let's think." I took a breath. "Where's my phone?" I asked dashing up to get it in my room. I returned to the front hall where the girls still stood.
"What's the plan?" Rebecca asked.
"Well from work I happen to know there's a children's charity fund raiser dinner for mother's and daughters in Brooklyn this afternoon. The magazine donated some raffle prizes. I'm sure they could use the flowers to give out or decorate the room. So I'm going to get them shipped out of here." I pointed at the vases as I dialed the charity contact.

The charity were blown away by the flower donation which I made on behalf of the Devon Group. A van arrived and we loaded up the vases.

"Can't believe you gave them away" Pam sulked.