Chapter 5 (eng)

I get lost in my thoughts and I don't know if I've done something wrong or what I'm feeling is something beautiful that I shouldn't be thinking so much about, giving it so much importance.

I'm confused and, honestly, I don't think I'm ready to figure out why. Sabine's words from that morning come back to me: "What happens in Seoul stays in Seoul." But why I am worrying so much? Nothing is going on!

I go from one mood to another and, without meaning to, I get a sense of remorse because I'm feeling something that I'm trying to run away from. What's happening? Nothing's happening!

I hear the key in the lock and Sabine shows up in the room, with a huge smile on her face and her head in the clouds. She comes in and simply exclaims:

"Babe! I'm in love!" and falls face-up on her bed, all smiley.

"We're screwed," I joke, pretending to be serious.

"He's sooo cute! And thoughtful! And such a great kisser!" she goofs around like a teenage girl and I can almost see the little hearts floating around her head.

You can see her enthusiasm and happiness all over her reddened face and it makes me laugh to see my best friend, who always thinks twice before doing anything, so dreamy.

"But you're back a little bit too soon..." I tell her, raising my brow. "I was expecting you would stay over at his place..."

"Babe," she says, sitting up and becoming very serious; yet, I can tell she's faking it. "I'm not one of those..." and makes a gesture with her hand that makes her look like a whimsical prude offended by my statement.

I laugh out loud, and she drops the act in no time and throws herself on the bed again.

"If you hadn't called me to tell me that tomorrow morning we were going to Busan, I would have stayed...because things were getting really steamy. But, since a new plan came up for tomorrow, I thought it was a sign and that I should let him wait one more day, because we'll see each other again tomorrow night."

"So you're not one of those, huh?"

"We have less than a week left here. I don't have time to play virgin."

And, out of a sudden, she turns from a serious woman to a teenager full of little hearts around her head and with a huge smile on her face.

"And he's so handsome and perfect. And...did I tell you what a great kisser he is?"

She keeps on giggling and I cannot help but laugh.

"Yeah, babe, you've told me."

We've been calling each other "babe" for years, also after some jokes about a certain type of woman with whom we failed to identify ourselves and, fortunately, the ones around us didn't see us as 'babes' either, but the pet names between us have remained just as sweet and ironic at the same time. I don't think any of us gave any meaning to the word anymore.

"But what about you and Joon? What did you do?"

"Nothing. What about us?" I ask her innocently. "We arrived at the hotel and he came up with the idea for tomorrow."

"Very nice of him to offer to take us to Busan."

"He said that, since it's his home town, he's actually glad that he has the chance to get to the beach, since he hasn't been there in a long time."

"But it seems to me that you didn't get into the room too soon either..."

She was hinting at something, as usual.

"I've been laying on my bed since getting here, lost a bit in my thoughts, but, since I was here first, I'll be the first one to shower," and I quickly jump up from the bed, running to the bathroom, and I close the door so that I won't hear her if she asks me anything.