Chapter 8 (eng)

It's Thomas asking me if I have gone to sleep, saying that he has just found the time to write me and that he will enter another meeting and he doesn't think he'll get to write me again until I fall asleep. I tell him that I haven't gone to sleep yet and, checking the time, I notice it's already past 11 o'clock. I add that I'm gonna go to bed soon and we end the conversation with him wishing me "sweet dreams" and me wishing him to have a good day at work.

Joon notices my mood change and gently fondles my hair again.

"Are we going back to the hotel? It's been a long day and you're probably tired."

I smile and I nod, feeling at peace that he's not asking me anything and that he's not forcing me more than he knows he should for the time being.

Thomas' messages have brought me back to reality, but from the moment Joon takes my hand again on the way to the hotel, the emotion of his touch makes my desire come back.

The sexual tension is obvious in the elevator, but we know that it's not the time to make another move. This is how I feel and he seems aware of it. Before I step out at my floor, he embraces me for a few seconds and he softly kisses my lips.

His eyes are calm and soothing.

"Good night, Anne," he whispers. "Dream about me."

"You too," I playfully respond and I wave at him, and then exit the elevator, quite hesitant, but this time I don't turn around for one last glance, knowing that if I did, I would go back to him immediately.

I hear the sound of the elevator closing its doors when I'm almost in front of the door of my room and my heart hurts. I look back and there's nobody there, so I enter my room, full of sorrow, but at the same time relieved. Relieved that I haven't crossed a border that would have made me feel guilty, but I think that the regret that I'm feeling now is even greater. The desire to be with him is so strong and I throw myself on the bed, burying my face in the pillow, laughing and wanting to scream at the same time.

I go from one mood to the other, but what I'm feeling the most are the butterflies in my stomach when I remember his touches and the kiss that I'm playing all over again in my head.

I go to the bathroom absent-mindedly and I turn on the water in the shower, letting minutes go by in the same state of dreaming and reliving of sensations. After that, I look in the mirror and I see the reflection of a woman with a bright face, living an adventure full of passion and care, as she wishes she would be living every single day. I see the face of a happy, desired woman, who also desires a wonderful man so much that she keeps on laughing, dreaming of those touches and soft lips.

I change into a T-shirt in my room, but when I check my phone, I've got a message from Sabine, who lets me know that we'll see each other in the morning, ending with a blushing emoji. I'm glad that she's living her story without having to think about the consequences or the regrets. She's simply living it and I love it that she lets herself get carried away by her feelings without any reservations.

I check what's on TV, but my mind is completely away. I stop at an American movie again, but I constantly find myself thinking about Joon. I have no change of falling asleep too soon, and this amuses me again.

Soon, I get a text.

"Are you asleep?"

I start laughing. I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from insomnia and that he's probably as restless as I am.

"No. I'm switching TV channels. Are you ok? Can't you sleep?"

"I can't sleep because I keep thinking about you and my blood is still rushing through my veins."