Chapter 1

At that terreble moment in our hearts    we knew home was a pen humanity cattle....

"The titans are a race of giant humanoids that were thought to have first appeared 107 years ago and rapidly exterminated humanity to the point of near-extinction. In reality, the titanare transformed humans from an unknown land outside the Walls....."

"Mum... how many times have I told you not to fill Sams heads with your stories" Sams mother scolded her grandmother, leaving a scarlet haired girl looking confused at her mother. "But Mommy.." Sam wanted to protest but her was already shaking her head with the finger she was pointing already letting her daughter know there is no arguing about it.

"It will be time for bed now young one we have much more things to do when the day breaks. " Kissing her grandmother goodnight not knowing it will be the last time she will ever see her again she obeyed her mother and crept into her bed and fell into her slumber as she faintly heard her mother and grandmother disputing.

"Please mother... I beg you. Stop filling my daughters head with things she doesn't understand! " she banged her fist on the wooden table and looked in anger at her mother "I won't burden my daughter with the past...."

"Don't look at me like that my child. I myself felt the same telling you. I can't tell you what to do but please reconsider...."

And with those last words Sams household as we know it up to now has changed forever. With a loud crash the wall of their house came tumbling down in dust and rubble...

Sam woke with a scare jumping up she rushed to where she last left her beloved mother and grandmother. Seeing only rubble the lump began to sit in her throat her knees began weak. The smell of blood hung in the starry nights air, it felt like all the air was taken out from her lungs. Looking down at the rubble she fell to her knees tears now streaming as she moved rubble trying to reach her loved ones. "Mum! Gran....Please... please  don't die.... I can't be alone in this world..." her voice hoarse and raspy from crying and screaming she barely noticed the galloping from horses in the distance.

She looked up and stared into the eyes of what seemed like a titan. It had a eerie smile on its face almost crouching down and curious of what this young girl is trying to do. The titan the bashed its hand in the rubble and like youd pluck a flower is plucked her mother from the rubble ascending to its full length it opened its mouth and devoured the whole of Sams mother.

"No!" Sam exclaimed as she stumbled to her feet not even worrying if she herself is staring death in the face. She clenched her fists and charged with all she had towards the mountain of a being the air cool against her tear stained cheeks her will to life nearly non existent. And there it was she felt the fingers of the titan around he small limp body picking her up like its nothing. Crushing her body together as it started to prepare to have its second meal.

"The mission is to retrieve and retreat..." Sam hear as she looked down seeing people she's never met before. Knowing they must be from inside the wall from all grandmothers stories. They began to circle the titan distracting it from its supper. And as she felt the titan descent to the hard cold ground the men sliced its neck and blood stained her face. Her fall was softened by a dark-haired man he seemed emotionless as he looked at her. "Are you alright?" He asked in a flat tone. All she could do is a nod as she didn't have the strength to speak nor move." "Good. Look for more survivors and retreat. We have to return to wall Maria and cut our expedition short." He then helped the scarlet haired girl onto the horse with him and then rode into the dark beautiful night.....

"Sam...." the familiar voice said waking her up to her dream.