Chapter 5

At that terrible moment
in our hearts we knew home was a pen humanity cattle....

Days passed and Sam was getting annoyed all to soon. Her wounds healed really quick and she was up and about quickly. She could still feel then pain in her ribs and the bruises were still bad. But she couldn't complain at all.

Levi was out on a expedition, so the house was all hers. Stepping outside the suns rays were warm and welcoming. She couldn't explain in her heart how she felt about that stubborn man but knew she couldn't be without him for to long. She shook her head. "Head out of the clouds Samantha..." she scolded herself. " He will soon be my captain when I join the survey Corps then there will be no time for her feelings to get in the way.

Hange was standing at the gate of the house. " Hey Sam I promised mr Shorty to take you for your check up..." she felt confused as she looked at the crazed brunette her glasses on its usual spot and the same crazy smile. Hange made her think like the elder sister she never had. Completely forgetting there was a already energetic brunette at the gate Sam let her mind wonder. Lately she had been having nightmares of two years ago. Some bits were unclear and some were as bright as the sun. She always wondered what her grandmother wanted to tell her and why her mother always refused.

A hand connected to her on her wrist making her jump. Hanges fingers felt so warm against her skin. " Now I have no death with nor am I afraid but lets get going missy.." Hange pulled her gently towards the gate of the fence. " Aren't you supposed to be with Levi?" The look Hange gave sent chills down the scarlet girls spine. " He bullied me... honestly his tempers just as short at he is." Sam couldn't help but to laugh. They made thier way to the doctor at the infirmary.

It was still quite busy, since alot of people got hurt the day wall maria fell. They waited patiently for her turn to come.

"How long before I can start physical training again?" Was the first words from the stubborn red head girl. The doctor shook his head. " I'm happy with the healing but you need atleast eight to twelve more weeks.." she felt the anger build but knew it wasn't at all the doctors fault. " What can I start then?" The doctor sighed he knew he won't win with her. " Small walks for the first two weeks. Then jogging for the rest and light training. Not physical, training dummies should be fine. If you don't give the given time the survey corps will be off limits. "

And who ever listens to the doctors. She was fully dressed in her uniform and ready at the training grounds. She saw Eren, Armin and Mikasa. The Corporal were giving the children a hard time but that's just how it went. There were alot of new faces standing there. She walked over to a near by bench looking at then all.

The Corporals steps were sturdy and loud the new cadets faces all looked terrified as hell. He paced up and down infront of him stopping infront of a girl she had blond hair that were tied in a loose ponytail. She immediately saluted banging her fist on her chest and the other on her back. " And what's your name Cadet?!" His words where loud and harsh enough to make the dead rise back to the living.

"Kr..Krista Lenz..." she tried answering as steady as she could. " Speak up cadet I can't hear you!" He said and stomped his foot hard. "Krista Lenz sir" she said loudly trying to sound confident. Sam looked at the girl and the more she looked, the more she felt like she knew her.

"Cadet Raven! Get your finger out your behind and get here.." the corporal shouted at Sam. She got up quickly ignoring the pain she felt saluted and made her way over.

"Yes sir?" She said and saluted again. " I was told by Corporal Ackerman that if we saw you here to send you home.." she smiled and she chucked. " I won't get you in trouble sir. I'm just here to get out of the house a bit." Half of her words weren't a lie at all, she was there to start training slowly she knew that Levi won't let her join anyone else's squad so she had to keep in tip top shape. " When will they be back?" She asked him her voice softened she actually missed him but wouldn't admit it out loud. The only answer she got from the corporal was his shoulders that he pulled up.