Chapter 2

At that terrible moment in our hearts    we knew home was a pen humanity cattle....

"Come on now there is no time for leisuring about Samantha.." This time she got up. She knew better that to upset Levi. "How long was I asleep for" she asked reaching to get out of her uncomfortable bed. Her joints popped as she stretched out her aching muscles from the previous day hard training and work. Studying  the man she learned to be Levi Ackerman. Most would have said his emotionless and socially awkward but Sam came to learn and somewhat understand this strange man before her. Knowing that he did have a kind and gentle heart and didn't really like to talk much but he had been the closest she had to family since that bloody starry night year 843 two years ago she was only 14 back then. She always continued having nightmares of that faithfull evening.

"Is there something on my face Sam. I don't need you staring at me. We have the pantry to clean out and prepare and the laundry won't do itself..." his tone were tone less as always. She couldn't help but to smile at him nodding her head. " I agree. Much to be done with so little time... I just wish for once when we do get a free day we could just relax and have fun..."

He then streched forward with his arms and swung open the windows the morning sun pierced the darkness in the room and lightened it up. He gave a deep breath as if he breathed fresh air for the first time in years, looked at the girl that have lately gown taller and just for a split small second he almost smiled at her. His voice still empty with no tone " If we get around doing all the chores I guess we can, but only for a little while." He turned swiftly and almost marched out her bedroom door. " Now please no more games the day has begun." With that he shut the door his footsteps could be heard as it faded away to the outside 

She then started. Making her bed and making sure her room was cleaned up to the standards that she had been taught these past two years. Sam dressed in her normal three quater beige shirt, but instead of her trousers she wore a below the knee length skirt. She descended down the stairs and could hear the world were already awake people talked and the children laughed and played birds were singing songs that sounded as if they were filled with sorrows.

She had a good feeling in her heart that day as she approached the already busied Levi as he begun to clear out the pantry. Sam looked at him as she continued without a word taking the broom and cloth he provided to begin a hard days of work.

Dusted and sweeped the floors and all the shelves. The panty were soon to be cleaned as the sun still hung high in the summer sky. Sam knew only half of the workload was done as she finished placing the new rice on the bottom shelf. Her hands had the shakes from all the continued work in the pantry. " Go get yourself a drink before we do the laundry Sam" his voice sounded harsh, she nodded in response. Sam went to get herself a drink of water and gathered the weeks laundry together with the soap, basket, laundry board and two canteen bottle filled with water.

"Come the sun is at its highest" said his voice from behind her as he picked the basket with laundry  and waited for her to catch up to him. It was quite a walk to the river but the day was just so bright that it didn't matter the least.

"Levi?" Sam said her voice echoed in her head as she felt her heart pounded, she looked up at him as he placed the basket down next to the river bed. " Sam?" He replied his voice crackled for a second as he tried keeping it tone less. But the truth is. When he saw her face and her expression deep down he felt emotion that peeked out for a split second.

"I know I merely remember anything from my past, nor where I came from. But..." her eyes soften as she saw him staring at her. " I..I..I just wanted to thank you." She smiled as his expression returned to his normal self. " Thank you for saving me and taking me in..." she meant every word that she told him as she walked closer to him. Placing the things she carried with her next to the basket she reached for some laundry...

And ended up soaked in the river as Levi pushed her over into the water. " Now lets get to work" he said tone less " No need for thanks I'm glad your here.." he muttered as he attempted to start the laundry also only ended up to be pulled into the water by an energetic red headed girl.