twelve!

A little known skill of Aurelia Riddle is playing the violin

A little known skill of Aurelia Riddle is playing the violin. She got lessons when she was much younger, some kind of programme at her primary school for disadvantaged students which, since she's in care, she qualified for. She only really plays when she needs to stop thinking. The quick movements of her fingers and the sounds distract her well.

After being given the all clear by Madame Pomfrey, she went back to Beauxbatons to pack her things and then returned home early. Madame Maxime gave her permission to leave early, but in the short amount of time she was there, her friends and many of the teachers had assured her that they believe her. That is enough for her.

She pauses in her playing when she hears her door open and turns to see Professor McGonagall there again.

"Hello, Professor," she says politely, raising her bow again. Professor McGonagall has been checking in periodically and she much prefers it to Dumbledore checking in on her. The Daily Prophet has been ripping into Harry and Dumbledore, but there is hardly a mention of Aurelia. She finds her place on the sheet music in front of her and picks up where she left off.

"How're you feeling, Aurelia?" she asks over the sounds of her violin.

"Better," she answers with a hum. "I've had more time to digest. It's getting easier, especially since Cedric's been writing. I'm glad that we kept it quiet about him actually... y'know... dying."

"You look better," McGonagall nods, taking a seat at Aurelia's desk, watching her play. It's true. She'd gone through a period of being exhausted, nightmare after nightmare had kept her awake and she's barely leaving the house. The rebirth of her father and reunification of the Death Eaters makes her nervous, quite frankly. Aurelia continues to play her piece, waiting for McGonagall to start another vein of conversation. Her visits go this way every time.

"Have you given more thought to moving to Hogwarts?" she inquires. Aurelia signs.

"I'm thinking about it," she nods. "It makes sense, but I like Beauxbatons and they believe me. With Ministry intervention at Hogwarts... there isn't going to be any autonomy, especially not after I spoke to Fudge like that."

"But you'll be staying with Sirius at Grimmauld Place?" she asks. Sirius is newly freed thanks to Aurelia's reveal of Peter Pettigrew being alive. Without her bringing him back from the graveyard, Sirius would still be a fugitive. He'd be forced to stay inside and away from Harry, but even Cornelius Fudge couldn't deny his innocence now.

"Yeah, for a while," Aurelia nods. "Sirius invited me himself. Said he didn't care if I was going to Hogwarts or not."

"It'll be safer there," McGonagall offers. Aurelia lets out a small laugh.

"It'll be safer when I'm locked up, you mean? Which definitely isn't happening," she says, sending her a grin. "Nico promised me wicked magic shit this summer and I have plans with Fleur in Paris and my Muggle friends in London."