The Library

Aya's POV

"What's out here?"

At the moment the team and I were in the middle of open field with multiple holes surrounding us and Aang was sitting down in the middle with his flute.

"A lot actually." Toph told us, feeling the vibrations on the ground. "There's hundreds of little-"

"Shhhh! I know you can see underground but don't ruin the surprise." Aang explained to the earthbender. "Just watch."

Aang plays a note on the flute and suddenly a groundhog type creature pops up mimicking the same note. I giggled when I saw the animal appear.

"Yeah!" Aang chuckled and repeated the action causing another groundhog to pop out. "I'm putting an orchestra together!"

"Orchestra, huh?" Sokka asked. "Well, la, de, da."

Three groundhogs pop up mimicking the sounds Sokka made and Momo and Bubbles chased the groundhogs into the holes they popped out off. Aang continued to play the notes and the groundhogs kept popping up while Momo and Bubbles chased the creatures around. Katara and I enjoyed the show but Sokka didn't.

Sokka ran over to Aang and stuck his finger in the flute. "This is great and all, but don't we have more important things to worry about. We should be making plans."

"We did make plans." Toph replied. "We're all picking mini vacations."

"There's no time for vacations." Sokka protested.

"I'm learning the elements as fast as I can." Aang reasoned. "I practice hard everyday with Toph and Katara, even Aya helps me with my combat skills. I'm training my arrow."

"Yeah, what's wrong with having a little fun in our down time?" Katara asked Sokka walking up to them.

"Even if you do master all of the elements then what? It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation." Sokka protested. "Should we just head west until we reach the Firelord's house? Knock knock? Hello Firelord, anybody home?" I rolled my eyes at my brother as he continued his rant. "I don't think so. We need some intelligence if we're gonna win this war."

Aang played another note and a groundhog appeared under Sokka while Momo and Bubbles ran up to the hole. Aang airbended to his feet as Katara spoke.

"We'll finish our vacations and then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence." Katara jokes and Aang and I chuckle.

Aang got out a map and held it up to me. "You're turn, Aya. Where would you like to go on your mini vacation?"

I scanned the map and pointed to a location. "How about the Misty Palms Oasis? That sounds refreshing."

"Oh yeah! I've been there. It's a pristine natural ice spring. And I usually don't use the word "pristine". It's one of nature's wonders." Aang explained.

——

We arrived at the spring and it looked much different then we had hopped. It seemed very run down and old compared to Aang's explanation.

All of us stared at the oasis in disappointment.

"Must've changed ownership since I was here." Aang laughs sheepishly and I shrugged as we walked forward. Behind us, the sign fell down causing us to jump before we continued walking forward. We walked passed the small ice spring and a dog was licking said ice spring before we approached a small bar and went inside.

The bar was filled with weary travelers and had a bartender that was serving drinks to them.

"One mango please." A traveler said and the bartender created his drink by slicing two mangos with his swords and placing them into the cup and then pouring milk into it. He finishes it off my adding a decorative umbrella and a straw.