City of Walls and Secrets

(Aya's dress for the party^^)

Aya's POV

Not to long after we took out the Fire Nation drill, we were on a train to Ba Sing Se. A part of me was nervous because Ba Sing Se is a huge city and I've never been to a city this huge before. Growing up in the Southern Water Tribe, I'm not used to big crowds and humungous buildings but I guess we have to get used to it.

Aang believes Appa is here and I have a feeling he's here as well.

"Look, the inner wall." Katara points out and I looked out the window to see the inner wall. "I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece."

I was sat next to Aang and held his hand in mine. I can tell he's worried that Appa won't be here.

"Hey don't jinx it!" Sokka exclaims. "We could still be attacked by some giant, exploding Fire Nation spoon. Or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp."

"That would be unfortunate." I state.

"You been hitting that cactus juice again?" Toph asked Sokka.

"I'm just sayin', weird stuff happens to us." Sokka defended and I rolled my eyes.

Maybe because we're traveling with the Avatar and most of the world is after him.

A very strange man with a glossy stare and a yellow plant in his mouth shoved his way in between Sokka and Toph, starling them. I giggled when I saw Sokka's horrified look.

Or maybe it's just Sokka and his 'attractive' personality that draws people in.

Beside me, Aang stares out the window with sadness and I placed my hand on his cheek.

"Don't worry, Aang, we'll find him." I assured him and Katara nods with a grin.

"It's such a big city." He remarks and I kiss his cheek causing him to blush lightly.

"He's a giant bison. Where could someone possibly hide him?" Sokka asked as the train passes through the inner wall to reveal the city to us. "Oh."

All of us, minus Toph who didn't move from
her spot, gazed at the large, expanding city in front of us. My mouth fell open slightly at the sight, I couldn't believe how huge this place was. You could fit millions of bison in here.

"You were saying?" I asked my brother with furrowed eyebrows and he chuckled nervously.

The train reaches the station and all of us disembark to only be greeted by the magnificent view of Ba Sing Se.

"Back in the city. Great." Toph mutters sarcastically.

"What's the problem? It's amazing." Sokka asked her.

"Just a bunch of walls and rules. You wait; you'll get sick of it in a couple of days." Toph mentions to us.

I keep forgetting that Toph's family is well know around the Earth Kingdom. She's just so different then your typical and proper person that you forget.

Ahead of me, Aang looks out to the city and blows his bison whistle.

"I'm comin' for you buddy." Aang sighed and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "He's here. I can feel it."

I gave him a reassuring smile before we turned to see a lady with long, black hair approaching us. Not gonna lie, she had a creepy an unnatural smile plastered on her face.

"Hello, my name is Joo Dee. I have been given the great honor of showing the Avatar around Ba Sing Se." The woman greeted not removing her weird smile before looking at the rest of us. "And you must be Sokka, Aya, Katara, and Toph. Welcome to our wonderful city. Shall we get started?"