Aya's Crossroads of Destiny

It's time for Aya to find her crossroads of destiny, so she can become the true Fire Angel and the greatest firebender in the world.

————————————————————————

"General Fong's base will serve as the launching point for the attack. In exactly two months, the army and navy will invade the Fire Nation on the Day of Black Sun."

Aya was in the war room at the military headquarters of Ba Sing Se with a map of the whole world in the middle of the ornate room. The Council Of Five sat on one side of the map and Aya was on the other side with Momo and Bubbles perched on her shoulders.

General How earthbends three Earth units across the sea and over to the Fire Nation as he explains the invasion plan.

Aya giggles as Momo and Bubbles pounce on the Fire Nation units, causing them to scatter.

"Or we can send Momo and Bubbles in to do some damage." Aya chuckles as the two animals continue to hop around on the map.

"Cause the..." Aya's laughter dies down when she notices the Council of Five's grim faces. "Sorry..."

With a bending gesture, the pieces return to their original position and Momo and Bubbles get startled. They flee to her shoulders and the young firebender lightly giggles.

"All we need is the Earth King's seal in order to execute the plan." General How informed Aya and he bends a scroll across the map over to her.

Aya gives him a respectable nod as she takes the scroll. "I'll get these scrolls to him right away. Thank you, General How."

Aya turns and takes her leave from the military headquarters.

——

Aya approaches the Jasmine Dragon Tea House with Bubbles and Momo still perched on shoulders.

"What do you say, guys?" Aya asked them. "A cup of tea before we get back to the king?"

The animals chitter at this and Aya makes her way inside the beautiful and fancy tea shop.

"A table for three please." Aya tells the waitress and quietly waits.

"Uncle, I need two jasmine, one green and one lychee!"

Aya's eyes grow wide at that voice. She recognized it and she despised it.

Zuko.

The Fire Prince was dressed in a fancy waiter's uniform and Iroh was working behind the counter. Aya spots her father and so badly wanted to say hi to him but she couldn't expose herself to Zuko.

"I'm brewing as fast as I can!" Iroh called with a smile.

Aya shook her head and dashed out of the tea house. She knew they were in the city but she couldn't be spotted by Zuko.

——

Eastern Air Temple

Avatar Aang and Guru Pathlik we're seated across from one another atop of a tall tower. The sky was filled with bright stars that sparked like a diamond.