03

i winced as my bare feet hit the cold tile in my bathroom. it was now, officially, three a.m.

and no matter how hard i tried, i could not get luke out of my head.

i was never the kind to be all over guys; unlike some of my friends. i was the kind of person who enjoyed numerous bands, reality televison, and a good book over getting laid. but until now, i never thought that would change.

i sighed, flicking off the lights and jumping into the enormous pile of blankets that littered my bed. it was surprisingly cold, despite the pain staking heat that raked through san francisco at this part of the summer; and i squeezed my eyes shut, pulling the sheet up closer to my chin.

and, after what felt like an immense amount of time, i realized that the only way to rid this painfully attractive boy of my thoughts; was to  eat. so, naturally, i went to mcdonalds.

shuffling blindly around my room, i managed to throw on an oversized t shirt and some baggy sweatpants. i stumbled into my bathroom, fumbled with the light switch, and ran a hand through my greasy, brown hair. wrinkling my nose at the sight of my face, i hadn't taken a shower that night, and my cheeks and eyes were covered with smudged makeup.

"chickenshit." i breathed.

i let out a loud groan and forced my eyes away from my reflection in the mirror. i didn't have time to marvel over the fact that my face had the slight heir and resemblance to a puberty stricken 13 year old boy lacking acne medication. life was a considerable mess.

pulling my feet lazily into some nike sandals, i grabbed my wallet and practically crawled out my window, careful not to wake my dozing parents. who insisted that i come straight home after work every single day. my parents; who eat gluton free cereal and edit books about cat breeding while listening to bob marley, and, eventually, some throwback justin bieber.

the only light outside of my house was an old street lamp that gave out an old, yellowish glow as i sucked in my breath and trodded through the wet grass infront of our house, making my way over the to my dad's old pride and joy. a 2005 dodge caravan, that smelled like cat fur and cranberry juice. such delightful shit.

there were only a few grocery stores and restaurants opened at this time of night, i lived in the smaller area of san francisco; the part that was known for sexually transmitted diseases and burger king food chains. i had never been, but my friend patrick had sworn a worker had stapled a fifty percent off tampax coupon to the front of his bag. patrick was very offended.

swerving into the mcdonalds parking lot, i practically tripped onto the curb and ripped the door open, silently praying that no one would be working here that was a male under the age of thirty. it was deserted for the most part, except for some strange noises coming from the men's bathroom, and a woman asleep at another table with her face in a half eaten hamburger.

i walked over to the counter and pulled out a five dollar bill. my prostititute money; patrick called it, and tapped my finger impatiently on the counter, my stomach growling furiously.

"how can i help you?" i was greeted by a middle aged woman in a black apron, one half of her beach blonde hair hung in tangles over her shoulder and the other half was pulled up into a tight ponytail. i bit my lip hard, holding back laughter.

"uh, yeah can i have three vanilla ice cream cones?"

she snorted, "is that all for ya, sugar plum?"

"yep. thanks." i handed her the five dollar bill and watched her snatch it, staring at her fake flourescent pink nails with an amused expression.

"is there a problem?"

i jerked my head up,"no. i was just-"

"if you're going to stare, i suggest you head on back to the men's bathroom. jim's back there beatin' the sausage if you know what i'm sayin." she chuckled, giving me a wink.

my eyes widened." you know what? i um, thanks for the offer. it sounds very.. ah.. tempting. but i'd really just like to eat my ice cream and think about my innocence."

"whatever floats your boat, sugar plum." she gave me another wink and turned, dissappearing into the back of the restaurant.

a few minutes later, i was seated at a table at the back, as far away from the sausage beating, and perverted blonde woman as i dared to get.

the door opened again after about five minutes of my binge time, but i decided to avert myself from whoever had walked in, not wishing to draw attention to myself. i heard a few muffled mumbles from the front of room, but i ignored it, too concentrated on keeping the ice cream in my mouth to be interested in someone else's midnight snack time.

"are you gonna eat all of those?"

i jumped, recognizing a familiar accent, and the same disheveled blonde hair. it was luke.

"eventually."

"oh." luke stuck out his lip, and sat down across from me; arms folded behind his head. he look completely and utterly amused with himself.

"what, the hell. what the hell."

"i live across the street. and i was hungry."

"so you just happened to come to the same mcdonalds at the same time i was here? were you watching me, luke?"

"no."

"lying isn't good for the soul."

he sat up,"i'm not lying!"

"is that a lie?"

"no!"

i raised an eyebrow.

"okay, okay. i was on my roof. and i saw you walk in, and you just left all of a sudden today and i wanted to see you and i thought that maybe if i didn't come here now i would never get to see you again and i really cant take that chance because i kindof sort of don't really hate you that much." he gushed, his tongue fiddling with his lip ring.

"ah...thanks?"

"you're very welcome."

"are you aware of the stain on you shirt?"

lukes expression turned to confusion and he looked down, frowning,"wha-"

i fisted the ice cream cone and reached across the table instantly, smushing it into his face, and laughed as it seeped down his nose and onto his conveniently ripped pink floyd shirt.

"oh my god. im literally going to end you."

i smirked,"keep making that face. bitch."

luke flailed his arms wildly across the table looking for napkins, and snatched one out of my grasp, wiping a glop off over his eyes and mouth, before walking over to me, the remainder of his face stil covered.

"theres only one way to finish this."he breathed, eyes locked on mine.

and in an instant his hand was on the other cone, pulling it forward and mashing it against my red cheeks.

"you're so dead." i said calmly, nostrils flaring.

"i wouldn't want anyone else to kill me."

guys woahhhh sorry this is so late dang IM SORRY no i really am tf

TYSM FOR ALMOST 800 READS THATS great thats awesome god bless, go in peace

-megan B)