04

"so tell me, almighty ken," luke said confidently, a smirk playing on his lips," what's your story?"

"i don't have a story."

"every one has a story."

"i'm named after a male barbie."

"fair enough."

we were sat atop the roof of luke's so called rental apartment. and i had absolutely no recollection of what had been over me when i had reluctantly obliged to joining this strange boy on the roof of the extremely high apartment building.

he was nice. very nice, in fact. not the kind of nice that you see in a boy when he opens the door for you, or pulls out your chair before you sat down. but luke; luke was the kind of nice that made you think about forgotten jello flavors, and old disney channel. the kind of nice that made you feel at home. home was good. he was good.

"what are you thinking about?" luke whispered, looking down at me. he was extremely tall, compared to my small five foot three figure. and his skinny legs and toned arms contrasted to my chubby thighs and stomach flab.

"nothing, really." i said, looking down at me sandal clad feet. there was no real reason why i had bought the shoes, i wasn't athletic. i figured that out five years ago, when i had made an iembarassing attempt at soccer and broke three fingers. but i bought them anyway, deciding that even though i knew i was pathetic at productive activities, no one else would be aware of it.

"kennedy?" he asked, a small smile on his face.

"yes, luke?"

"did you know that you're beautiful?"

i laughed, burying my face in my my hands,"i'm not beautiful."

"i beg to differ."

"do you?"

"obviously. california people are like master minds. i mean look at the golden goat bridge damnit."

i scratched my eye,"i think you mean the golden gate bridge luke."

he blinked, embarrassed, and then pulled his snapback over his eyes to cover up the redness forming on his (dick..) cheeks.

"you see, this is why we never should have let europeans invade america. you should be evicted and then spanked."

"well you're a europenis. and im from australia, genius."

"whatever,"i yawned. it was getting late, and i could feel the early morning humidity begin to form in the air. the city was always so beautiful at night, even though it was never very calm, it was still. there was a sense of chaos contradicting itself, and that was what i loved. being in the middle of a metaphor. a war that never started.

luke stared at me from where he sat, chin resting on his bony knees. "should i take you home? i mean it's not that dark but i heard on the news that there's been this creepy wanker scrambling around people's neighborhoods and stealing your underwear and then putting it on his head or something. it might be reverse rape."

"wanker?"

"dirty slang. you wouldnt know."

"oh. well nah im good. my ancient sex mini-van is still in the lot."

"well that really gets me goin." (hey should i be sorry for that)

"funny. but i really should get going. it was nice, um meeting you?"

luke coughed and then shook his head.

"right...i knew that was the wrong approach. here i got it. it was nice...assaulting you with dairy products and talking about sex offenders on a roof with you."

"winner."

"bye, luke." and that, was when i proceeded to fall off the roof of luke's apartment building.

heres a short monday night update for you because luke is making me emotional wow

i kinda almost cried writing this becAUse i truly think this is similar to what luke would be like and it makes me so sad and i just want to experience that or have some part or role in his life, i want him to know how much he means to me, and how much he's saved me. and even just him simply considering my existence on this stupid earth would make me the happiest girl in the world. im sorrY FOR THAT I JUST LOVE HIM ALOT AND I HAD TO GET THAT OUT IM SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT JUST LOOK AT THE GIF AND BE REMINDED OF THE BLESSINGS OF THIS BEAUTIFUL BOY AND REMINESCE IN THE GLORY OF HIS LEGS OOH MYG OD

hey but tyasm for 1.5k you guys are my gnarly lil noodles

-megan B)