Island Rescue

_____________________________________________

All of the Riders present remembered how angry Astrid and Stoick were when they learned of Hiccup sneaking away to try and assassinate Drago that day. All of the fury of the enraged Hofferson and from Stoick the Vast himself that was shown on that day was nothing compared to the pure, unrelenting fury that was emanating from Hiccup.

To say that he was mad would be the biggest understatement of the year, maybe even the decade. Hiccup was holding on to the reigns on his saddle that his knuckles turned white. His anger was beyond the point that made the fiery Gates of Helheim look like a pleasant summer day. The Riders present, were overall, surprised as they've never seen Hiccup this angry before.

Hiccup barely talked since the Riders along with the Dragon's Fury hastily left Berk. The only time he talked was when he was asked about the plan.

Hiccup's voice was as cold as ice, void of all emotions. The plan was simple and straightforward: find Anne and his men, reinforce them, and overwhelm the enemy with their sheer, unrelenting forces. And of course, bring Anne back. He doesn't care if it takes throwing her into the brig or bring her back in Toothless's claws. One way or another, Anne is coming back, and Hiccup is going to make damn sure of that.

The Riders were the first ones to arrive at the island, a little before the Dragon's Fury would arrive. They flew relatively close to the beach, keeping an eye out for any ships that have docked on the beach.

Gobber was the first to notice several ships docked on the beach. Upon closer inspection of the ships, it was revealed that these ships belonged to the Berkians. Stoick also pointed out that there was a cluster of footprints heading along the beach.

Hiccup didn't speak, he only nodded as he didn't want to lash out at anyone in a fit of rage. Astrid was the one who took the lead and continued onward, following the footprints.

It wasn't long after the Riders were quickly coming up on the scene before them.

"Hiccup, I think you should look at this." Toothless crooned with concern.

Hiccup turned his gaze. Before him, was the makes of a battlefield. This actually felt more like a skirmish. He could already eye the fortifications that Drago has set-up, along with the ships that have docked on the beach. Below, he saw large, clusters of his men trying to defend themselves against Drago's men, along with some Outcasts as well.

From where they were, the sailors were losing and Hiccup knew it. It appeared to be a free for all as formations were broken and every man was fending for themselves and their allies. Their weapons excel at causing fear, confusion, and division amongst the ranks of their enemies. They excel at killing their foes from great distances before they have a chance to slash and stab at them. But within melee combat and when you're not in proper formation, the bayonet can only do so much to keep the enemy away from you.

As per of the plan, everyone already rushed into combat to help the privateers. To Hiccup's horror, he was the first to notice that several dragons swarming around his men like vultures, firing at them whenever they had the opportunity. On occasion, some of Drago's men would be caught in the line of fire, but that was of little concern for him.

It was the dragons that were enslaved by Drago.

He and everyone else knew all too well that Drago would capture dragons and enslaved them. With some meeting a terrible fate. But to see the dragons following his command, firsthand for himself. He didn't know who or what to be mad at anymore; Anne, Drago, or Drago's methods on dragons.

Hiccup only shook the thoughts out of his head, he knew that now wasn't the time to think about such things. He had to focus on saving his men, including Anne.