epilogue

"I can't wait to visit the MoMA," Caroline grinned, holding hands with Peter as they crossed Midtown's courtyard

"I can't wait to visit the MoMA," Caroline grinned, holding hands with Peter as they crossed Midtown's courtyard. They walked towards the school busses parked out front that would take them to the Museum of Modern Art.

"Why?" Ned questioned from behind. He was walking next to Betty, whose arm had already healed. "It's just a dumb museum. Literally a pile of trash is considered art over there."

"Art is an abstract concept with many meanings, Ned. That's the beauty of modern art: it's up to the interpreter," Caroline explained with a smile.

"That was very nice, Caroline," Betty added. "I agree with you."

"Whatever," Ned shrugged. "But if I see a lot of weird stuff, you can find me at the gift shop."

The group laughed as they made their way inside the bus. Peter sat next to a window beside Caroline, Ned and Betty sat together in front of them. In a couple of minutes, the bus began it's route to Manhattan.

Caroline rest her head against the seat, closing her eyes as she listened to music. She smiled slightly at the thought of the day ahead of her: going to one of her favorite art museums with her friends and boyfriend, walking around the garden, observing paintings and sculptures, taking pictures... It seemed like it would be a great, sunny day. Nothing could go wrong.

As she got lost in her thoughts, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Opening her eyes slowly and removing one of her ear buds, she faced an expectant Peter.

"I'm excited to see The Starry Night," he muttered, his eyes with a hopeful shine as he waited for her response.

"Oh," Caroline smiled. "I didn't know you liked his work."

"Yeah. Of course I do," Peter laughed nervously. "Who doesn't?"

"Well, I want to see it as well and some of Monet's Water Lilies. Impressionism at it's finest. There's one that takes up three walls! It always manages to take my breath away."

"Same here," Peter added, hoping that the conversation was coming to an end. Peter really wanted to impress her, but he had not done enough research apparently. Nevertheless, it made him happy to see Caroline so excited.