♡ TEN ♡

I know I took two weeks instead of one, but I made this chapter super long to make up for it!! Also, I know I said this chapter would be about Minjoon, and it is, buuut it also has taekook

I know I took two weeks instead of one, but I made this chapter super long to make up for it!! Also, I know I said this chapter would be about Minjoon, and it is, buuut it also has taekook. Hope that's ok 💜

~~

⠀⠀Jungkook's long, pretty eyelashes fluttered as he watched the rain drizzle down on the windshield of Taehyung's car. The cold weather from yesterday had lingered and Taehyung wasn't the happiest about it. From his knitted eyebrows to his subtly clenched jaw, Taehyung's irritation was beyond apparent.

⠀⠀But aside from the gloomy weather, there was something else perturbing Taehyung. The two were on their way to Park Enterprise for the weekly meetups they all agreed to before the swap. Taehyung saw no point in these meetups. He found them to be a waste of time.

⠀⠀"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, his voice gentle and warm like the car heater that was on. "I hope I didn't do something to upset you."

⠀⠀"What- no, it's not you," Taehyung muttered, veins in his hand protruding as he gripped the steering wheel for a sharp turn. "Just annoyed by this damn rain."

⠀⠀Jungkook smiled and patted Taehyung's other hand that held onto the gearshift. "Aw- turn that frown upside down, Taehyungie. As they say – April showers bring May flowers," Jungkook said, his tone bubbly just like his personality.

⠀⠀"Whoever made up that saying is a dumbass," Taehyung grumbled. "And what did I say about calling me that? My name's Taehyung. Call me 'Tae' if two syllables is too much for you to handle."

⠀⠀Jungkook nodded while playing with the seatbelt across his torso. "O-okay- Tae... are you, um, excited to see Jiminie finally?"

⠀⠀"Well, I'm kinda pissed he hasn't returned my calls," Taehyung said dryly.

⠀⠀The man then chuckled a bit. "Well, I mean, I know I complain about him a lot..." His lips tucked into a small smile. "But I do miss having that brat around; even if just a little."

⠀⠀Jungkook cooed at his words, but Taehyung's demeanor changed back to a more serious one. "I can't wait to see Namjoonie!"

⠀⠀Taehyung scoffed. "Really? You call the guy every other night like some lovesick teenage girl. You've hardly been apart for you to even miss him."

⠀⠀Cheeks reddening from Taehyung's words, Jungkook fidgeted with one of his sweater paws. "I dunno. I just miss him, okay? I'm used to seeing him everyday."

⠀⠀"Yeah, yeah- he's your knight in shining armor or whatever. I get it," Taehyung quipped. "And before you say it- yes, I'm a butthead. There, I saved you time."

⠀⠀Expecting some sort of whine, Taehyung's eyebrow raised when he heard Jungkook giggle. "You're funny, Taehyung. I like it."

⠀⠀Taehyung gave him an earnest look, his eyebrow lowering. "So you like funny guys, huh?" he asked, a bit smug.