Invitation

It was Sunday morning...  a day to sleep in, laze around.  This was not the case for Can or Sanem.  Both had broken sleep the night before, crackles of energy bursting in their heads and hearts.  They just couldn't calm down from one another and the feelings each provoked in the other.

Can had given up trying to get back to sleep around 3:30 AM and got up. He read a little, picked up his phone once or twice but stopping himself from texting her.  He ultimately needed to burn some physical energy so, at about 4:00, he got dressed and headed out for a run.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sanem awoke again at 3:50 AM.  She lifted her phone, but restrained herself from sending him a text.  She tossed and turned for a few minutes but knew she wouldn't fall to sleep again.  She got up and read a bit.  Her eyes ultimately fell to her gift from Can.  She opened the box, smiled and opened her notebook.  She wrote for hours.

--------------------------------------------------------

Emre had risen and went to the kitchen.  One the counter, he found a banana and a note...  You really need to learn to make your own breakfast.  He snickered as he peeled the banana, appreciative of the humor in this new little tradition his abi had started.  He was just finishing his first bite when Can appeared...  slightly winded and more than slightly sweaty.  He walked behind Emre, "Günaydın," and snagged the banana from him, quickly taking a bite as he continued to the other side of the island counter.  Emre scoffed, dropping his now empty hand to the counter, "Günaydın.  Up early for a workout I see."  Can finished off the banana with a nod and a grunt, still chewing.  He pulled an apricot and another banana fro the fruit bowl on the counter, tossing the banana to Emre, then devouring the apricot in about two bites.  Emre caught his renewed breakfast, lifting it with a slightly sarcastic, "teşekkür" and began peeling.  Again.

He took a bite, then asked, "What's your plan today?"  Can shook his head slightly as he grabbed a glass and went to the fridge to get the pitcher of water.  "I don't know exactly.  I have one thing I need to accomplish today but am not sure when I'll get the opportunity."  He poured himself a glass, then raised it toward Emre in question.  Emre gave a nod, extending his hand to take the offered glass.  Can pulled it back, smirking, "Get your own you lazy bum."  Emre let his hand fall to the counter once again, dipping his head chuckling.  "Aren't you cheeky this morning."  He moved around the island to get himself a glass, lightly shoving into his brother as he passed, "Oh, excuse me."  Can braced with his forearm and laughed a little.  "Watch it little brother-  don't start something you can't finish!"  

A brotherly wrestling match ensued, but ended relatively quickly, with only minor scuffs.

-------------------------------------------------

Sanem finished her last passage that morning around 6:45 AM, finally felt content enough to rest, so laid back down his her day bed to snooze for a bit.  She woke again at about 9:00 to the sounds of her sister's morning routine.  After a few minutes, Leyla lightly knocked on her door and peeked in to see if her sister was still sleeping.  Seeing she was not, she let herself in and settled at her sister's feet. "Günaydın." Sanem yawned her reply and Leyla caught it, letting out a yawn of her own as she asked about her sister's plans for the day.  Sanem stretched, extending her feet over her abla's lap.  "Not sure yet... Baba doesn't open the shop on Sundays unless he has a particular need to.  All I know is...  I have to confess today."  Leyla's brow furrowed as she started to ask Sanem what she meant but Sanem felt rumbling in her belly and interjected.  "Is breakfast ready?"  Leyla, unlike her sister, was not driven by food.  "I don't know - I haven't been down yet, but I think I heard Anne in the kitchen."  Sanem kicked off her blanket, effectively abolishing her sister from her bed as she flailed about, trying to avoid her head being covered with said blanket.  "Ah! Kızkardeş!" (Sister!)  Sanem untangled her feet from the blanket, hopping out the door, ignoring her big sister's plight.