[02] New Job

"Yoongi?" Jeongguk exclaims in shock, even going so far as to pinch himself. The guy behind me, who I now know as Chris closed the door behind me, not wasting a second to get back in his car and drive off down the long driveway. Maybe if I could run fast enough. "Yoongi come inside." No turning back now I guess. I walk inside the large building. They really outdid themselves. Taehyung closes the door behind me as I take off my old shoes. So I'm gonna be like a maid or some shit? This house is so big I won't be able to clean everything- "Do you want a coffee?" One of them asks awkwardly. I nod, not looking at them as I put my heavy bag on a nearby couch. What now?

I guess after three years of them thinking I was dead, it gets a bit awkward seeing them again. "How about you start off with telling us what happened?" I look at Namjoon, they really need to butt out of my shit. They are like children, always wanting to know every little detail of someone's life, my life. Though I don't think it could be so bad now, telling someone about me. So that's what I do. I tell them. Every little detail down to the T as if the words were eagerly waiting to flood out of my mouth for three years, maybe more.

The bombs I had planted explode. The men around me stopping their attack as they hear the loud explosions. The walls crackle, crumble and fall. Debris flies everywhere. The small space of time was crucial. I run past the screaming men, barely dodging the rubble as I sprint towards the exit. My leg trips over an arm. I look over towards the perpetrator, bloody McCoffin. "Why don't you fucking die already!" I yell at him as I stab him repeatedly. "If I'm going down you're coming with me." He wheezes our in his trampled state, his bones were twisted and blood was running out of his mouth and eyes. I kick him one last time in the face before scrambling away. A large piece of cement drops over him, flattening him. I stumble to my feet again as I run towards the other exit. A rock flies too fast towards me, it hits me in my leg. I fall over but keep going.

I have to get out. My adrenaline rush was coming to its end, getting feeling back as I felt all the scrapes and wounds in body. I could see the open door, and yet it still felt so far away. The roof was coming down quickly, like a cage door, trapping me from the outside world. I use the last of my energy to get into a crouch and push of my legs to barrel roll through the side. I fall onto thick grass, dust from the collapsed building hitting me hard, getting in my mouth and in my wounds.

I have to keep going.

My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't tell the danger had gone. I kept crawling, eventually getting on my wounded legs to limp away. It felt like hours I had walked, I didn't know where I was or where I was going. My vision was blurry, it felt like I was drunk, I was swaying with each step until eventually I had fallen over and passed out.

"I had gotten shot in my shoulder, my legs, my right arm and in my stomach. From what I know of. I bounced around towns after that I guess. Ran away from Raymond, new identity, stuff like that. Then I ended up here." I gesture to the area around me as I finish my story to the six people in front of me. I grab the coffee on the table in front of me as they speak. "So you aren't with those people anymore?" I take a sip from the cup, delaying answering the question for a bit. What did he mean by those people? "Well they all died except for those few. I haven't had contact with them since." I lied. I have had contact with one of them. Beomgyu. It was last year, though all you need is a simple phone call to find anyone these days.

They sighed, relaxing against the couch. A bit rude if you ask me, but I guess I can't say anything. We sit in silence for a bit, no one knowing what to say. I can tell they had a million things on their mind, and they could tell I didn't want to be here. "So I'm going to be like a maid or something? I'm not gonna do shit with you creeps. I'm here for the money and that's it." They cringe, immediately denying my words. "What the fuck? No way, that's weird." I guess that's good.

"Can I get to my room?"

"Yes. Sure."

The awkwardness and tension in the room was too much. I slide down the closed door, sitting on the soft, carpeted floor. It's like I'm back where I started. I tried to get away from them and yet I'm here, eternally stuck in a loop. Just like the night I ended up at their place, I was on the ground, the only difference is the house is even bigger and more expensive than before. We didn't grow up, we just started again. I sit on the ground for a few more minutes, my bag and pillow thrown to the side, until I get up and flip onto the bed, not caring to put the covers over me and fall asleep. The most comfortable bed I've slept in, in a while.