[15] Don't leave me

"Yoongi!" I barely heard the screams of six boys over the raging wind around my ears. It felt like the air wanted to make me fly.

A tear escaped from my eye. It was like time flowed slower as my eyes traced their frightened ones. I always wondered why these people were so invested in me. It couldn't just have been my red hair or sense of mystery, maybe it was my bad attitude. Either way, for over three years these six boys -men- with their pushy personalities and genuine concern, showed me that shred of humanity-normalcy that I unconsciously craved, even if only for a short time.

However,
I was the only one causing pain. I was the only rude, standoffish brat. I had never grown and yet these people grew tremendously into fine young men with the compassion and grace that most people can't find in a lifetime.

I saw the harsh cold wind lap at their whipped cheeks. I observed the crazed hair, the watery eyes, the pain in their stance as they run towards me. I had caused this. My gaze brushed over the edge of this pristine building, onto the calloused road below. Was this high enough?

"Yoongi! Whatever you're thinking just stop! You don't have to think, you're not in you're right mind let's step down, we can help..." Hoseoks cracked voice was barely registering. He was scared, whether it be for his own safety or mine.

But this was the most peaceful I'd been in my whole life. For once I knew what I had to do.

"Min Yoongi listen to us," Namjoon placed his feet one in front of the other slowly as if approaching a nervous animal, ready to explode at any given moment. "You don't have to do this, we can take care of yo-"

"You know, this is the most sane I've been for a long time guys." I interrupted.

"For all these years, not once have you guys shown me anything other than care and love. And I've given you nothing but pain and torture. How am I supposed to live with that?"

Jimin's voice cracked as he carried, "That's not true! If you just let us take care of yo-"

"That's the thing!" I threw up my hands in disbelief,

"How long are you going to take care of me huh?! For how long am I going to be tied down and studied til I return to normal?! I was never normal!" My feet paced themselves on the ledge, worrying eyes tracing my every move.

"I was born with pain, to inflict it, to spread it. Like a virus! To kill people, to torture people-toruture you guys. I am not going to make you guys suffer anymore." A pained smile flashed across my face. I relished in the pain bubbling across my body from the journey up the building, I focused on the adrenaline rising in my throat as my gaze locks on theirs. I raise my arms out like wings.

"I will set you free."

A gummed smile is forced on my face as my head leans backwards first into the open air. I can barely hear the shrieks in the wind as I fly.

My fate was never meant to be pretty, the life I lead reinforced that. But these people impacted my life so severely even if they were only in it briefly, I saw the better part of a life I could've had, although at cost. A cost I was not willing to pay for. All those times I evaded death just for me to succumb to myself in the end. I felt like chuckling, too bad my body was incapable.

This was my story, a sad and gruesome one in the end, but I did think I used it wisely for this one thing. To save a group of good people from something that was not meant for them. A fallen hood was all it took to break a boundary that never should have been crossed.

-Min Yoongi

"19 year old Min Yoongi was found dead caused by suicide from local hospital in downtown. Mr Min was known through many names such as the famous murderer 'The reaper' and was found to be in the mafia since age five with the code name 'Ace', a well known criminal. He was known to have many mental health issues after recently escaping jail and mental institution just days before his suicide. Also involved with famous Korean pop culture artists BTS for many years also conspicuous of being the local hero of three years ago. What does this mean for the pop culture..."

"Various online community forums show conspiracy theories that famous criminal Min Yoongi was also local 2019 hero known as "hoodie boy"..."

"Famous pop culture band BTS was found attending mass murder Min Yoongi's funeral, all seen avidly crying over said criminal as well...."

"Min Yoongi who was in the mafia for over 10 years with the code name 'Ace' has moved many other criminals and civilians in tagging public property with the tag of his many titles..."

———————————————————-

13 Jan 2019 started
16 Jan 2022 finished

Thank you guys for following along for so many years, you don't know how unbelievably grateful I am of every single one of you. From the start where I simply could not create a plot, until now. Did you like the series?