Learning

Author's note: This is the first story I've uploaded here, so there will grammar mistakes. I would appreciate it if you point it out to me when you see something you don't understand or something spelled wrong.
I will try to update this book every week, but there will be times when I fall behind. Having said that, onto the story!!!

     My eyes burned... Well, that's to be expected when you've been submerged in water for the last two days.
When I wished that I would be somewhere else... This isn't what I had in mind... One sec, I'll show you.

(Flashback)
     My laptop was directly in front of me, showing an anime that I've been watching for who knows how long. The screen was showing the main protagonist in the show.

     While I didn't believe that she was mean, or evil in any way... I had to dislike her... She's dumb.

     A loud "thump" made me jump before I froze. Dad must be drunk...
I got off my small bed and make my way to the door quietly until I lock it. If he's drunk, he shouldn't have the motivation to come in here...

     The sound gets louder quickly until my eyes widen...

     A scream.

     Thoughts don't process until I'm out the door, running down the stairs, and see the lifeless corpse on the ground. Mom.

     I quickly notice the figure Above her who now stared at me with sinister intent. He was at least six foot with a muscular body, so against that of a barely, five-foot-tall thirteen-year-old boy... I'm not making it out of this alive.

     I couldn't process any thoughts when I started moving, just reaching into my back pocket quickly, but the man was already on top of me, pushing me down onto the ground with his hands around my neck.
     My hand's scrambles and it goes impossible to breathe, but finally, I got into my jeans pocket and lunged my hand forward with as much strength as I could muster.

     The pocket knife cut through the man's chest and he yelled out in pain, but it didn't get to his heart. With one final push to my neck, I was out.

     All I knew was that with that injury, he would bleed out and die... I shivered at the thought of killing that man, but what other choice did I have?

     The black that surrounded me seemed suffocating and incredibly hot. I must have been sent to a place similar to hell...

Suddenly, I white light came before me, blindingly. {Welcome to Dailoust, player.}

     I jump back at the words but quickly become confused. Player, Dailoust!?

     I took this time to take a deep breath and answer in a monotone voice.

     "May I ask why I'm here?" My voice was slightly wavering, but I believed that it should be understood considering the situation...

     {Player. You have been chosen by the devil to be his voice in this world. It seems that he has gotten bored.}

     I pause in thought. I'll be the devil's voice? That... Doesn't make sense. Why me first off, and why does he need a voice in the first place?

     {You will be given rewards for your time. If you do not wish to do this, you may also stay in the void forever} Forever!? That... No way!? I'll be so bored...

     I slowly nodded my head because I've always loved the idea of being in an alternate world, but I wonder if I'll die again...

     {Programming has begun. It will take nine months to fully prepare your body. Until then, you may ask any question you deem necessary.}