Trapped

Authors note: This chapter is simply a filler, sorry. Been a bit of a rough week but I got a chapter out as promised! Onto the story!

     I guess some time has passed... I'm about a year old now... I think... Time is hard to keep track of...

     After all this time, I still haven't actually had any food... I'm in a constant state of starvation, but I've gotten used to it after so long.

     Luckily, I have gotten up from this table. Every weekend, I'm forced up and dunked into a tub of holy water. I'm in there for the entire weekend.

     I've had a few conversations with the old Pope... Well, more like I'm just listening to him trying to convince me to die, that, and him complaining about things... I'm starting to think that he might be using me like a therapy session.

     I've spoken once or twice, but it's only to myself once I'm alone, and trust me, that's a lot of the time. I was just testing out my vocal cords. I don't like speaking anyway, but it's probably a good idea to know if I still can.

     Despite my doubt, I actually could teleport off of the table and onto the ground below, where I practiced walking and stretching out my muscles... This was boring... I can't really do much in this form.

     I decided that I would probably escape at the age of three. I've already waited so long, and I'm not a patient person...

     I wonder when I'll be able to eat... Or maybe get off of this table and be moved somewhere else. I'm hoping that once I get older, the pope will believe that I'm of use. I'm just so bored... Well, that should be enough information for now. See you when I'm two!

Time Skip

     The system woke me up today, telling me that it's my second birthday... I'm not sure what to make of this... I'd have expected more action to have occurred within this time... But oh well. I'll tell you what's happened anyway.

     So, the Pope seems to have begun a regime of speaking to me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Perhaps he wants me to become familiar to him in order for me to believe he cares for me, but, of course, I know better.
My hearing has developed well, so I can hear through the ceiling of my room, listening to the hushed and muffled conversations to gather Intel about this new world.

     Even though I'm now two, I haven't seen the outside world yet... I can barely remember my mother's voice as she yelled and screamed for me to be returned to her... It's kinda sad, but oh well...

     I've learned how to walk well at 1 1/2 years old, but I still have to work out my muscles as well as magic. Luckily, despite my age, my magic had not depleted at all from when I was in the void.

     My new name here is rather direct. Sin. They believed that I don't deserve a name, just a label. Too bad for them though, I don't mind having that as a name!

     As I've said before, nothing too much has happened... That is until today.

     "Look at me" my eyes blinked open in surprise. Today was Sunday, so I was being taken out of the tub of holy water. None of the people have ever spoken to me before, and it was quite a shock.

     We began a staring contest before one of the others sighed. I was rather small for my age, and my body was weak, but that was expected with how they treat me here. Due to this, they can literally carry me with one hand.

     The people started to walk a different path from normal, making my eyes widen, taking in the new territory. Where are we going?

     We eventually stopped at a room where the pope sat, staring down at me. I could sense the malice behind his gaze, but despite that, there was no evidence that he disliked me, actually, he was smiling.

     "Ah! You're here! What do you think?" I blinked and looked around the small room, taking it in. I then turned back to the man and tilted my head.

     "Oh, you must not understand what's going on. We are moving you to a new place." It all suddenly made sense. This place was very small and had a chain in the middle with a collar at the end. They want to chain me up like a dog.

     The pope motioned the others to give me to him before he put the collar around my neck with rough fingers. Despite such a small and damp room, and being chained up, I was happy. This was a clear step up from what I was in before. I showed my happiness with a small smile.

     They all stilled.

     My eyebrows furrowed as I looked around the room. Everyone was looking at me with raised eyebrows. The pope was the first to snap out of it.

     "Your smile is very... Captivating..." Oh... I haven't smiled since I've gotten here, have I...

     Ducking my head, I go back to my usual expression of exhaustion.

     They all quickly left the room and I twitched my nose, clawing at the collar. This was clearly abuse, but they don't think it's wrong, and I'm not supposed to think it's wrong either... But I'm holding onto my old memories with a death grip.

     I stand shakily and walk to a wall, licking at the damp space. My body doesn't succumb to sickness, so all I'm getting is water.

     I back away from it after a while and crouch down onto all fours. Despite that I'm only two, my palms and knees have become padded. And while I'm most certainly in my right mind and still have my humanity, I've just found that my instinct wants me close to the ground.

     As I padded along the small length of the walls, my fingernails were clicking on the stone floor. Actually... They're more talons than nails...

     I've been becoming more animalistic by the day, and I wonder if it would be that bad to just use a transformation spell when I get out of here... Maybe I can be a dog or a cat... That would be nice if someone adopts me... But just wondering the streets without a home would be kinda scary in my opinion...

     I shake myself before settling down in the corner. I should probably leave by the age of five... Instead of three... That way I'll be aged a bit more...