Ace, My Young Master.

Author's note: it feels like forever since I last updated. I've been hit by major writer's block lately, but don't worry, I'll continue to publish chapters. Anyway, onto the story!

     I was greeted by the head maid once I walked back into the hallway. She looked me up and down once more before she took me to see the young master.
Apparently, the boy was around 7. I'd be a good playmate for him... No, I wouldn't. I'm not interested in playing around. I'd rather train.

     I was led to a large room, filled to the brim with stuffed animals, and wooden soldiers with toy swords. The place looked like a wonderland for a kid in this age. It didn't take long to spot him.

     The boy was in the corner, fiddling Idly with a wooden horse. His hair was a rich brown and his eyes were a blue so bright that for a moment, I was considering the possibility of him wearing contacts despite not having them in this era.

     "Young master." The boy looked up at the mention of his title, eyes lingering on me with distrust and caution. A boy his age shouldn't hold those feelings in their eyes... I immediately wanted to wrap him in bubble wrap to protect him from this harsh world.

     "Young master, this is your new playmate from this day on. Please introduce yourself." His eyes went from me to the woman and back to me as he thought. Clearly, he didn't like the thought of having me as a playmate but didn't say a word against it.

     "Ace Varent." His words were shallow, barely making it to my ears. His face was devoid of emotion whereas his eyes sparkled with so much of it.

      The maid looked down at me expectantly and I realized that it was seemingly my turn to introduce myself. "Sin."

     The woman's eyes snapped down to me in astonishment and anger while the boy simply rose an eyebrow... How envious I am. I decided to explain. "My name," I was going to stop there but decided that I should probably say more. "Is Sin."

      Ace stared at me for a while before his lips curled up at the ends forming a soft smile. It looked wrong on his still-cold face. "What a wonderful name."

      The two of us stared at each other for some time as the woman beside me shifted uncomfortably. Obviously, the woman was questioning her place in all of this.
I slowly began walking towards the boy who dropped his "smile" by the time I got there. He gazed up at me with curious and cautious eyes.

      Gently, I lifted my hand and placed it on his head, petting his surprisingly soft hair. All kids need love right? I have a feeling that that's just what the boy is missing.

     "What are you doing?" His eyes held confusion and irritation, which made a chuckle arise from my throat.

      "You're hair looked soft. I was right." I pressed my cheek against the top of the boy's head, nuzzling against his hair gently while the boy stood completely still, astonished.

      Slowly, I laid down, curling my body around the boy, and closed my eyes. Before long I felt the unmistakable feeling of fingers sifting through my fur and softly feeling my ears. My tail curled around the boy's arm as I started to purr.

     Meanwhile, the lady was standing in the corner watching this all go down with a gobsmacked expression.

     "I've decided." Ace lifted his head from hearing at me over to the maid, making her straighten. "He's mine now."

      The woman flinched as if struck before stuttering out some incomprehensible words. After a moment of seeing us together, she grit her teeth, bowed, and let us be, leaving us alone in the room.

     Thoughts raced through my mind, wondering if I should or shouldn't be fine with what's happening here. This young boy has so much power over the servants here and seems mature for his age...

     A small hand on my head pushed the thoughts away, and as I looked up to the boy, he seemed to be in deep thought as well. He pushed his fingers through my hair without care and while there were knots and tangles, somehow never even pulled at one once.

     "Sin, you say..." Ace met my eyes and the color blue was all I could focus on for a few seconds. Swimming deep and focused. "You're name is quite an oxymoron."

     There was no response that I could come up with, my word quota for the day was all used up and as I laid there with the boy's hand expertly carding through my hair and against my ears, for the first time, I felt rather blessed. For the first time, I felt like I could live happily.

Unknowingly to Sin, his system was watching through a screen, teary-eyed with a loss of hope.

     "Oh, player... I hope you'll be able to forgive me..." His eyes flashed black for a second before the being disappeared. Where? At the moment, it has no consequence to you.

The next day was uneventful. I learned my schedule, met my tutors and captain, and was taught more about the household I was to protect. There was no reason for strife. I had no work for the day, instead, I had the simple responsibility of getting to know the mansion, which Ace seemed adamant on showing to me himself.

     The first place we visited was his room. Apparently, my room was just down the hall from his, which was convenient. Next was the kitchen and dining room. For some reason when we entered the kitchen I was bombarded with food and milk, a desperate gleam in the worker's eyes. It was as if I would die if I didn't eat every single fish in the kitchen...

     We went down the halls and sitting rooms and entryways. Next was the training yard out mack of the mansion. It was quite the big yard with swords strewn about and many soldiers fighting and training in the sun. Even one of the knights looked like they'd be able to crush me with a single hand.

     Ace looked between me and the knights before humming gently. "You're supposed to be a guard?" I flinched as if struck. "You're smaller than I am."

     I looked up at the boy with puffed cheeks. Of course, I was smaller than you! I'm younger by like- two years! That and I was malnourished! Despite what I wanted to say to the boy, I didn't dare let a word slip passed my lips.

     We explored the perimeter of the mansion and found the stables which made a large smile appear on my face. "Horses!" I made a mad dash forward and was immediately surrounded by the horses, being nudged and rubbed against making me laugh. Strange... I haven't laughed since I'd been reincarnated. It was... Nice.

     Ace recommended we go horse riding sometimes and I immediately agreed. The rest of the day we spent at the stables, I curled around Ace and the horses lay down in a circle around us. It was... Peaceful.