New... Family?

It turns out that I'm currently in the human kingdom, Rylock. I honestly think that humans are the worst species on this planet... They keep slaves and torture others... I'll have to find my way to a different country... Drybone is the closest, but there are a lot of dangers over there. Blayfore is on the other side of this human kingdom. It might take a month or two to reach it though...

     I've found myself wandering the streets as a white cat with red eyes. People rarely give me a glance, but it appears children rather like animals...

     "Blake! look look look! Kitty!" I was being held rather uncomfortably by a young girl, perhaps six years old. She was running through the street toward a boy who looked older, perhaps thirteen. He was holding a basket full of fruit and he looked over to us curiously.

     "No... Zaya... You know better than to pick random animals up off the street, what if it bit you? What if it had a disease?" The girl paused before looking down at my small, underfed, and rather, clean form. I simply looked back up at her, not moving a muscle otherwise.

     "But he looked so small and skinny... he didn't even run away when I picked him up!" She tried to persuade the boy who looked down at me with slight concern now that he actually saw me. My body was far too small. I still looked like a kitten. My ribs poked out from my body strangely to show that I was starved and the boy bit his lip.

     "He looks clean too..." The girl threw out her final words, holding me closer. She wants to take me to her home... I wouldn't mind that. Perhaps building my strength for the next month would be a good idea.

     After a moment, Blake sighed before nodding slightly. Zaya gave a huge smile and looked down at me once again. I pressed a paw gently onto her cheek and tilted my head, trying to act... well, like a cat.

     They continued to walk around, buying things and chatting with people. About an hour later, they walked toward a quaint little house that looked a bit too run down.

     We stepped inside and the smell of food overpowered my senses, I squirmed a little in the girls hold and she set me on the floor. I walked toward where the smell came from, finding an older woman cooking a stew.

     Looking down at me, the woman and the kids started to have a conversation. I let myself walk around the home, trying to figure out where everything was. It seemed to be a three-roomed house with a small bathroom. There was the main room, the kitchen, and the bedroom.

     They seemed rather poor... I shook ot from my thoughts as I heard the girl call out for me, not having made a name yet, so simply calling me Kitty.

     It wasn't so surprising to find two small bowls in the corner of the kitchen holding water and the other holding stew. I immediately walked over, lapping up the water subtly before smelling the stew. The first time I'll have eaten anything... I leaned forward and took a small bite, only managing three before I found myself stuffed. My body started to reject the food for a while, but I managed to keep it down before I cleaned off my muzzle and trotted into the living room.

     My tail flicked around as I jumped onto the window sill. This world is quite strange... and Despite my run-in with the church for the first few years of my life, the other humans here seem rather nice... at least those I've had contact with...

     The sound of laughter filled the air as the family spoke at the small dining table. it seems as if they don't have a father figure in the house...

     I purr as I lay down, feeling rather satisfied at where I currently find myself.

     A couple of weeks have passed. I've found myself doing basic chores around the house when no-one's around. The children also leave the house often, so I find myself walking by their side, making sure they don't run into a criminal or someone with higher status.