Prologue

(I've never done an x Reader book before but I hope you like it! 💜🖤
Please note:
*A lot of it is going to be in your POV, unless mentioned otherwise.
*This is more specifically addressed as an Acxa x Female reader but it's okay if you're not female and reading this book.
*You and Acxa start out as acquaintances before friendship and romantic tension.
*I do not own Voltron or its characters whatsoever. AT ALL.

Key for remembering
-(Y/N) equals your name
-(L/N) equals last name
-(N/N) equals nickname
-(H/C) equals hair color
-(S/T) equals skin tone
-(E/C) equals eye and/or eyebrow color
-(F/S/F) equals favorite snack or food
-(F/So) equals favorite song
-(F/M) equals favorite movie
-(F/TVS) equals favorite TV show
-(F/B) equals favorite book
-(F/D) equals favorite dessert
-(F/O) equals favorite outfit 

That's it.)

~Your POV~

Who are you?

You are a lonely inhabitant of planet Dune, a mostly desert place with a lack of life at least a half a varga walk away from your shack.

Your name has always been (Y/N). Your only friend and roommate, Lina, has been with you since you became an orphan and escaped a terrorist attack from an escape pod back on Earth.

Lina has always been there for you and would give up anything she loved for you in a heartbeat. Her dirty blonde hair, emerald eyes, and honey skin tone have never been willing to give you up for anything. Both of you know that you will always stick together and have each other's company.

She knows more about you than you do sometimes, but that's one of the reasons why you two have such an amazing bond.

"Hey Lina," You smile.

She rode her biomass-powered cruiser (Dune motorbike) to bring food for late lunch.

"I snagged some bloodied straggler stew from the marketplace today, your favorite (Y/N)

"I snagged some bloodied straggler stew from the marketplace today, your favorite (Y/N)." Lina smirks; her dirty blonde hair flapping in the warm breeze.

Stragglers were an abundance on Dune

Stragglers were an abundance on Dune. The animals were a significant staple of life to the diverse world; commonly used as a food supply and in dishes as meat.

"Let's get ready to dig in." You suggest.

— —

You and Lina are sitting in the dining room; savoring the meal and enjoying the heat from outside faintly filling your shelter. "This is the life, isn't it Lina?" You sigh blissfully. "Isureish." Your friend grins with a mouthful of stew. "The stew doesn't have actual straggler blood in it right?" You ask while sipping the warm, savory broth. "Nope. Just calivers and miope juice." "Calliope's recipe!" You squeal.

Calliope makes the best bloodied straggler stew, and became like a mother figure overtime. Whenever you went into town, she was the first being and alien to greet you.

"Yep." She nods. "Are you done yet Lina?" You inquire. "Not yet." Your friend answers. After you two finish eating, you gather up the two bowls and scrap metals.

Yes, on planet Dune you use rods and circular sticks of metal like forks spoons and knives on Earth.

You shuffle up to wash your dishes together and push them down the cleaning shoot.

"I still wish we had (F/D) from Earth to eat after this amazing stew. I forgot how it tasted." You mutter wistfully. You both yawn and head to your bedroom and your separate beds. "I'm beat from my bike ride, I'm gonna take a nap." Lina groans groggily. "Okay." You reply with a nod. "Hopefully the Galra don't attack us while we're asleep." You stifle a witty giggle.

You and Lina were still aware of the outside world and the vast Galra Empire. You never thought that they would go after Dune next, but there's a first time for everything.

You just didn't see it coming...