Late Night Knife

I toss and turn in my mismatched bed sheets; it's finally three in the morning, an old record I've passed many times before. Picking up my phone, I glance at my TV's screen. I smile, the familiar funny videos I play on repeat just to keep my mind busy are redundant, of course. But they keep me company, giving me a sense of virtual comfort I guess. I open up one of the apps on my phone so I can reply back to some friends. Hardly anyone is up this late, but one of my friends is tonight, surprisingly. Henry sent me a message fifteen minutes ago:

"Hey."

          Of course, I hate how simple that greeting sounds but that's his way of saying, "You up?" I reply:

"Heyooo, how r u up rn?"
          Yea, see? That has way more personality in it and starts an actual conversation. I wish more people knew that. He responds faster than I thought he would:

"I couldn't sleep wbu?"

"Same, as usual insomnia remember?"

"Oh yea buh wyd"
          I pause, he obviously knows what I'm doing, we, as teenagers, do similar things every night to be honest. Henry genuinely wants to talk to me which for some reason, always surprises me.

"I'm jus chillin bored asf, wbu"

"Same tbh, u free tmrw?"

          I sigh, for more reasons than one it's hard for us to see each other. Usually, when we do we have a great time, but sex was our usual thing. If we are ever hanging out together, we probably had sex, are about to, or at least thought about it. Regardless, I don't want to spend time with him and think about...that. It makes things awkward to me. At this point, I wonder if he asks to hang out with me for me or for what I can offer. Ugh. I just won't have that anymore.

"You'd have to come over for me to hang out  and my fam don't like u too much."

"Oh yea right, eventually then?"

"Yea sure"

"Ah damn I got work tmrw I gotta ttyl goodnight Nio"

"Goodnight Henry"

          I smile a little; I can't believe he still wants to have sex with me after all this time. I've come to learn how to decipher guys' "complex" language of texting. And usually, at least in my case, guys ask to hang out for sex. Or they expect it to happen somehow, in some way. But Henry has had his time with me last summer, I'm tired of his dick honestly.

         To put my mind off of Henry and his advances, I decide to have some fun. Putting my phone down, I try something out of curiosity and boredom. I never use my powers enough; being Wellbred and everyone knowing it is enough for me not to have to prove myself. Not to mention all the laws and regulations I have to follow just for being a Divinity.

           I breathe in slowly, and let the energy flow through me gradually. I open my eyes as it builds up and my Aura is surrounding me, ribbons of vibrant colors circling my room. It's as if a rainbow were to reflect itself off of diamonds; it's breathtaking. Exhaling, I focus my Divine, or magic on one thought. The palm of my hands glow and the strips of light around my room come together in my hands. I reel in my powers and look into my hands to see what I've made.

           A dagger. I made a dagger.

          Interesting.