Now What? What's Next?

As you likely discovered in the note at the end of the last chapter, Intervention is complete. The story has been written to the extent I envisioned it prior to NaNoWriMo. Over the coming months, I will be going back to edit all chapters and polish it up a bit but besides that, that's all she wrote.

However, the overall story adventure of Lincoln and Marie is only just beginning. Now that they are reunited and the shelter population is alive, there's another whole story to tell, maybe even two.

Whaaat? There's a sequel in the works??? Two????

Kind of. I knew Intervention was unlikely to be a standalone story when I wrote it. By the very nature of how the story is structured, there's the obvious question of what happens next? That's the question I'll be ironing out over the summer and hopefully begin to write later this year.

At the moment, the next story is merely a sentence. I know what it'll be about but there's a lot of work to figure out the details. I'll also be exploring different ways to write this story than I did this one, so it'll be not only an exploration of the next chapter of this story but of my writing experience. We'll see how that goes.

I'm not going to make any promises as to when I'm going to start this project, since editing the current story is my first priority. I also have a few other small, half-written projects I'd like to tackle before I return to Lincoln. But, if it comes out the way I see it in my mind, it'll be exciting and riveting, just like Intervention. Maybe even a bit Mad Max-ish. We'll see.

Of course, I will also have to consider a name for this series, with Intervention being book 1. Any thoughts?

Finally, if you're thirsty for more adventure, if I may propose you take a minute and check out The Descent? It's currently part of the Paid Stories program but even if you just read the first seven free chapters, it's an exciting read and well worth it. Check it out here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/107471285-the-descent-featured

Thank you again for taking the time to read Intervention. This story wouldn't exist without you!