asgardians

xi

xi. asgardian knowledge

The Asgardians are a humanoid race of extradimensional beings. This chapter will cover everything you should know about Asgard.

Asgard;
Asgard refers to the land a large faction of Asgardians reside in. Asgard is not a sphere like Earth, but a flat landmass suspended in space. It does not rotate around an axis or a sun. However, Asgard does have intervals of night and day. Asgard's gravity apparently radiates from below the surface. The same force prevents bodies of water along the boundaries not falling into space.

The Nine Realms;
The Asgardian dimension includes other areas; referring to the nine realms. The nine realms include Muspelheim, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, Svartalheim and Nidavellir. Muspelheim is home to the fire demons and is ruled by Sutur. Alfheim is home to the light elves. Vanaheim is a sister planet to Asgard; home to Vanir Gods, Asgardian Gods and Trolls. Midgard is the term used for Earth, home to humans. Jotunheim is home to the frost giants and ruled by Laufey. Niflheim also called Hel, is the realm of the dead and ruled by Hela. Svartalfheim is home to the dark elves and is ruled by Malekith. Nidavellir is home to the dwarves.

The Bifrost;
The Bifrost, also known as the Rainbow Bridge, is used by Asgardian Gods to travel from to any of the nine realms. It is guarded by Heimdall (the all-seeing).

Asgardian species;
The Asgardians possess certain superhuman physical attributes. All Asgardians have superhuman strength, superhuman speed and superhuman stamina. Asgardians can exert themselves at peak capacity for 24 hours before fatigue impairs them. They all possess superhumanly dense tissue, durability and regenerative healing factors. Meaning Asgardians can withstand great impact forces, exposure to extreme temperatures/pressures and fall from great heights without sustaining physical injury. Asgardians are extremely long-lived but not immortal. They age at a slower rate, but are not immune to the effects of aging. Their bodies are immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections. The Asgardians have potential to manipulate mystical or cosmic energy. Most Asgardians can change their appearances and teleport. While a small amount can also manipulate matter, create powerful force friends, firing energy blasts and more.

Many Asgardians are proficient horseback rides. They are also exceptional warriors in both armed and unarmed combat. Due to allspeak, Asgardians can communicate and be understood by other races.

Valkryies;
A group of Asgardian elite female warriors that served the throne. They ride upon winged horses (have rode upon wolves in some comics). Under the command of Brunnhilde (Brunnhilda). Majority of the Valkryies were killed in battle. However I would love to see fics before the events of the MCU with the Valkyries.

They have mystical powers, and can sense when mortal beings are near death. They can travel within the nine realms and possess all the abilities a normal Asgardian would. The Valkyries wear Uru armour which protect them from harm and all carry a sword.

Asgardian characters;
Here is a list of Asgardian characters you could write fics about;
- Thor Odinson
- Loki Laufeyson
- Brunnhilde
- Young!Frigga
- Amora (Enchantress)
- Kelda
- Laussa Odinsdottir
- Woden Thorson (Son of Thor)
- Ellisiv Wodendottir (Granddaughter of Thor)
- Atli Wodendottir (Granddaughter of Thor)
- Frogg Wodendottir (Granddaughter of Thor)

I hope this was useful. Coming up I'll be posting a fc hunt for Asgardians. If you want a more in-depth chapter on one of the nine realms, tell me which one.