vampires

xii

xii. vampire knowledge

I thought I'd do a chapter on vampires since they're a species in the Marvel comics, and I never seen them incorporated in fics.

Vampires, also known as Homines Nocturnae, are magically reanimated human corpses which are inhabited by the spirits of the deceased person and who closely resemble the living human they were before their transformation. They have red eyes.

Vampires feed off the blood of living creatures and can transform other humans into vampires by sharing their blood.

Classifications;
The vampires are broken into sections. So based on your characters ethnicity and faceclaim, you should choose appropriately.
- Kreiger Sect: Western European type warriors, one of the stronger groups
- Claw Sect: Middle Eastern type warriors, enemies with the Kreiger Sect
- Mystikos Sect: American Vampires embraced the modem world, aka businessmen with a knack for technology
- Anchorite Sect: American rural outcasts who prefer to hide from humanity and live in peace
- Nosferati: Eastern European, their need for powerful blood sometimes drives them to attack other Vampires
- Moksha Sect: Seers who gain their powers by feeding as little as possible
- Siren Sect: Beautiful female Vampires with powers of seduction
- Adze: African Vampires
- Ancient: Italian Vampires with superior superhuman speed and healing factor compared to that of other Vampires
- Yiki Onna: Japanese Vampires with the power to turn into ice storms rather than fog as most Vampires can
- Jumlin: Native American Vampires

Sustenance & Transformation;
Vampires require the blood of living creatures to survive, typically human blood. This is usually obtained by biting an individual and draining their blood. Deprivation of blood for a long period of time can begin to show signs of aging within Vampires, drinking blood would return them to their normal state. Regularly, Vampires are required to drink a few pints of blood everyday.

The bite of a Vampire transfers an enzyme only found in Vampire saliva. When a Vampire drinks enough blood to drain a human body and lead to death, the enzyme triggers a metabolic change. This causes the production of a green liquid within the bloodstream. After three days there would be enough of the liquid to be equivalent of to the amount of blood in a human system, acting as a replacement. The victim becomes a vampire gaining powers and losing the ability to produce children.

However if the body retained enough human blood to survive, they would show signs of anemia because of the presence of the enzyme in his or her bloodstream. The victim will not die but will need a newly created vampire to metabolises the enzyme. Until then, victims are extremely weak and highly susceptible to hypnotic suggestions, verbally or through long range mental contact.

Newly created vampires can be extremely sexually attracted to the vampire who created them.

Powers;
Vampires could summon animals such as bats, wolves and rats. Vampires can transform into bats, and in rare cases wolves. While still possessing their human intelligence. Vampires can also transform into mist while retaining normal consciousness.

Vampires can control humans achieved through eye contact. The amount needed to share the contact depends on the strength and power of a Vampire.

Vampires are immune to disease and illness. They can heal from minor injuries, due to a healing factor. This healing factor differs in time depending on track Vampire. They however cannot regenerate organs.

Vampires possess enhanced strength

Weaknesses;
Dependent of consumption of blood to survive.

Vampires cannot travel 160km from their land of birth, unless they bring soil (500g) from that place along with them.

Vampires greatest weakness is sunlight. Sunlight can cause skin to decay. Direct exposure cause Vampires to dehydrate and turn into dust or explode.

Vampires show aversion to any religious symbols. For example the cross, the star of david etc. The deity must have been believed in and had a following during the vampire's original death or it will not affect them.

Vampires can only enter a human owned dwelling once invited in, and does no longer require permission after the first time.

Impaling a Vampire through the heart will kill them.

For some reason the trope of garlic weakening vampires is also apart of Marvel's rendition of vampires.

Magic can also harm Vampire.

Hope this was helpful, tag me if you decided to make a Vampire fic. Also comment any requests you want next.