𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8

Sorry, I didn't update in the last two days, being blatantly honest with you guys I was lazy!

I wasn't sure how to go about writing this chapter so I kinda procrastinated for a while too... Haha. But now that I've done it it's all good, I've decided that for the next two weeks I'll be updating once a week! I hope that's okay with you all, sometimes if I feel like it, I might do it more often.

Please give me feedback and give me any ideas/things that you want to happen in the future... I haven't really thought that far, I've got maybe the next two chapters figured out but after that, I'm not really sure what's going to happen. If you all want ships to sail or some weird-ass tentacle kink I can try my best to fulfill your wishes! 😂 (Please send help)

-

Everyone and just been waiting for the count down for when the test would start but, the teachers at U.A had other ideas. All the students were surprised by the casual 'Okay, start.' that would signal the beginning of their futures. Before Midoriya could even process what had been said the rest of his group were already running inside the battle zone, each person filled with the hope that they would make it, that they would become the worlds next number one hero. However, as Midoriya stepped forward it seemed as if he was only taking a step back, the more he reached the further away his dream got.

Stumbling forward Midoriya chased after the crowd, internally he yelled at himself to calm down but with each step he took the panic seemed to rise within him causing his breathing to be labored and sweat to trickle down his back. The aforementioned's panic increased when a one-point faux villain appeared in front of him, destroying the building previously stood in its place. The villain was muddy green and about three times the size of Midoriya, as it's gaze locked on the poor shaking boy Midoriya couldn't move. What had he been thinking, trying to get into the number one school for heroes with no quirk? It was impossible, why was he so dumb.

His legs shook as he gazed up at the massive mechanical monster with the intent of killing him, he could barely scream for help as it rushed forward, his legs unable to move as tears streamed down Midoriya's face making it hard to see. As his life flashed before his eyes a conceited laugh could be heard. Midoriya was blown backward by a beam of light coming from another examinee, killing the villain previously terrorizing him.

The person laughed again before speaking flamboyantly to Midoriya who was still on the ground "Thanks for distracting it! Merci! We make a good team, but I don't think we'll meet again." The haughty kid sauntered away smugly, twirling his shiny blond hair with his hands leaving Midoriya fuming in the dust. Why did people always look down on him, how did they know he would fail? Filled with a new determination Midoriya stood up and started running forward again in the hopes that he would come across another villain.

There were six minutes and 20 seconds left for Midoriya to somehow get some points however wherever he ran all he would find were the destroyed bodies of faux villains. Panic arose in his chest once more as he heard everyone muttering their scores - all of which were unreachable for someone like himself. Much to Midoriya's displeasure, it seemed as if he would be going home without even a point, leaving him stuck in an endless abyss of abuse and loneliness. He would actually rather be alone. He wanted to leave now. To run far far away from everything.

It seemed like nothing would change.

And then everything did.

-

The majority of artificial villains had already been destroyed however the main test had only just begun. As the ground shook everyone stared in shock at the huge faux villain before them, It towered the over buildings and destroyed the road it walked on. As it came closer everyone started running away, despite how useless it would be and how fast the said villain would catch up.

Midoriya froze as it loomed over him, unable to move his useless legs once more he was left behind as everyone else ran, the villain punched the floor near him inducing the ground to crumble around him. His legs screamed in pain as they got trapped underneath the rubble, unable to move all Midoriya could do was cry for help.

People saw him trapped and unable to escape and yet they made no move to save him. They all fled leaving him all alone. Trapped. It was what he wanted, wasn't it? Midoriya couldn't help thinking that this would be for the best and he would be better of dead instead of trapped in an endless cycle of abuse. However the more he thought about it the more he wanted to live.

Weeping Midoriya choked on the air making its way into his lungs, it felt wrong as if he was underwater, he could barely see and his eyes were clouded. The only things he could hear were the faint screams of terror and pain, the hair on his skin stood up as goosebumps covered his arms the faint feeling of needing to puke returned to his stomach. Gasping he lacerated at his throat unable to process the oxygen and nitrogen trying to enter his lungs.

As quickly as it started, the strange sensations stopped. Midoriya could see clearly once more, as his eyes adjusted to the light he took in the scene before him.

He screamed.

However, his scream was only one of many, The ground seemed to be infected by the same thing that had killed those two boys before. There were people lying on the floor who had been infected, clawing at the others for help as they slowly decomposed into nothingness leaving only their destroyed clothes. The sky seemed to have darkened considerably as slowly each examinee fell to the ground like cadaver only to suffer the same fate.

Everything was stemming from Midoriya.

-

The term cadaver also apparently has a more deathly ring in medicine. "Cadaver" comes from the Latin word "cadere" (to fall). Basically a dead body.

Oh, my lord, did it feel great when I could stop referencing the anime?!

I think the actual story shall actually start now, all of the other chapters have been setting the scene, I think this book will be quite long! Anyway, I'm off to eat my pasta, until next time folks.