LIGHTBRINGER

he wears the smell of blood and death like a perfume
there is fire in his eyes and ice in his veins
but you love him anyway
for he is a star
burning with the light of a thousand suns
(and your world is dark without him)
-coufreyacc

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

S I N B A D
the morning star; the bringer of dawn

"I have dreamed of building a world free from all evils ever since that day

"I have dreamed of building a world free from all evils ever since that day. I do not want a single person to die from the chains imposed upon them. Yet, whenever I feel I'm stepping closer to fulfilling this dream, I always lose something precious. I wonder why."

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

SHE couldn't help but wonder: had any man ever been so beautiful? He was more than a man, though. His blood sang of dragons, angels, gods and everything magical. He was sculpted from a ruin, broken and shattered by time. Now he stands tall with pride,  ethereal and unnerving.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

L U C I N E
the silver-winged selene; the flower of the ocean

"HOW many kings have stepped down from their thrones? How many lords have abandoned their homes? None

"HOW many kings have stepped down from their thrones? How many lords have abandoned their homes? None. Absolutely none."

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

AND what does LOVE mean
to those adorned in the crowns they've seized?
Some say its poison, a sweet poison that destroys you from within.
Others believe in its healing power, its power to set you free.
They say without love, there is no compassion and without compassion, one is unfit to be a king.
Love is true. Love is pure. It is AGAPE.
Those who call it poison, simply laugh.
If LOVE is meant to heal then why does it destroy every soul it touches?
Why does it ruin kingdoms that take eons to reach glory?
AGAPE may not even exist in this cataclysmic world.

THEN, what is the DIFFERENCE between immortal AGAPE and mortal LOVE?

AGAPE can heal even the most broken of men.
LOVE can kill even the purest of humanity.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

© teardroprosa (ao3 & wattpad)

A L T E R N A T E
U N I V E R S E

DISCLAIMER:
I DO NOT own any of the original Magi characters that are mentioned in this story—they belong to Shinobu Ohtaka.
I DO NOT own the illustrations and art. They belong to the respectful owners.
BUT I own my original characters and the entire plot.

WARNING:
This story features some OOCness, cursing, alcohol/drug usage, violence, sexual themes and triggering topics. Please heed the Mature rating.
Do not read if you are uncomfortable with these topics.