SIX

CHAPTER 6 | ANDROMEDA

           "Sin it hurts! Please!" Lucy fought off his grip, staggering behind.

            Sin let go, exhaling a shaky breath. "I am sick of you avoiding me like this. Tell me Lucy, what have I done wrong?" But he knew. He knew. He knew, he knew, he knew—

            "I can't stand this any longer! You stand beside me as a friend and then all of a sudden you ignore me and act as if I'm not in the room! You behave like as if I have hurt you!" But he did. He hurt her. He hurt him. That's all he—

            "If I've done something, tell it to my face so I can make amends! I detest such passive-aggressive behaviour." Sin looked away from the tears filling in her eyes, his legs weakening with exhaustion. Or could it be due to his wrecking guilt? He wanted to laugh, how was it that years later, he still acted like an immature brat?

            Sinbad hoped she wouldn't bring it up. No, he knew she was probably too shaken to do so. Sinbad played his cards, fighting off every single feeling of guilt clawing like nails into his heart, ripping it until it bled.

            "I...." His assumptions were right; the fearful quivering of her lips coupled with her aghast face gave him the answer he needed.

            "I apologise. It was wrong of me to have yelled ." Why was it that he hurt every person he started to care about?

            "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. You're right, you know? I shouldn't treat you this way." Lucy entwined her fingers with his, meeting his gaze. The forgiveness reflected in her beautiful, glassy hazel orbs crippled him. His legs shuddered with small tremors of inexplicable consternation and he felt the darkness of his heart grow with every breath Lucy took.

            Unaware of the storm brewing inside his heart, all Lucine was able to see was how hurt he was. The possibility reared its ugly face in her head, rendering her heart into two pieces with guilt. Maybe Sin really didn't remember what happened that night. Maybe she was being too sensitive about this. Maybe she cared far too much about the little things.

            And if he didn't have a clue, her behaviour was inexcusable. She treated him horribly and that was wrong of her. He didn't deserve to be hurt this way just because she wasn't able to deal with her feelings in a constructive manner.

            A small smile graced her lips. "I guess... I still feel guilty because you got yourself hurt because of me." Liar.

            "I would have done that for anyone, Luce." His words stung. He made her smile, he was the warm sunlight that brightened his day. Yet, when she realised how he probably treated everyone the same way, a cloud washed over her, blocking the sun. Lucine didn't understand why he captivated her and the fact that he was willing to dive in to save anyone's life caused a hitch in her breath even though she was a healer and would do the same as him in a situation like that.

            She couldn't stop the rush. She couldn't give up her poignant feelings so easily.

            "Sin......" Lucy nuzzled his chest, too embarrassed to meet his piercing gaze. She hated how she could feel him staring at her, he could strip her soul bare with those leopard eyes.

            "What?" She knew he was smirking, and sighed when he ruffled her hair.

            "This is weird." She mumbled, turning to rest her cheek on his chest.