"I Miss You"

+ + + +

I sat underneath my locker and waited for lunch to end. Ever since I ended things with Luke, this is where I've been coming after class let out because all of my friends were his friends and vice versa and I really don't think that I could handle seeing him. Not right now.

Maybe not ever

My eyes were glued to my poem book as I tried to think of something to write. The only thing that stood on the nearly empty page was the word Drown and I had no clue what to do with it. The voices from down the hall weren't helping at all. They were a distraction, a nuisance to my art. I narrowed my eyes in the direction of the voices and immediately was drawn to the blond haired boy that stood between two other people.

Luke

I hadn't realized that I said it out loud until he stopped in his tracks and stared at me. My eyes widened in mortification as I watched him mumble something to his friends before they disappeared down the hall and left us in the corridor alone.

Alone.

He came forward and my heart began to beat rapidly. The stupid thing didn't know how to stop betraying me. His footsteps came to a halt, causing my head to jerk up to look at him.

"What do you want Raini" his voice held no emotion and his eyes were cold.

My tongue felt heavy in my mouth and my throat was dry. I opened and closed my mouth, trying to say something but failing miserably.

He didn't call me Belly...

I wasn't expecting him to call me that it just hurt knowing that he didn't.

"Hello? Are you mute now or something?" he leaned against the lockers as he glared at me.

Once again, I tried to speak but was only capable of looking like a fish as my mouth gaped open and closed.

"Aren't you going to say something? Anything?"

I stared back at him in frustration because I couldn't seem to get a single word out. I knew what I wanted to say I just couldn't.

"I knew you were a waste of my time." he past harshly. "Next time actually say something Bel-Raini." and with that he left.

I knew that he had already walked away but my eyes were still glued to the spot were he stood. I watched the scene retell it's tale before my eyes. The way he stared was like I didn't even exist, like I didn't even matter to him.

"Aren't you going to say something? anything?"

"I knew you were a waste of my time"

"....say something."

I blinked back the tears before whispering "I miss you"