"Get over yourself"

++++

I had pulled down the last of the posters and was headed to the dumpsters when I ran straight into Luke.

Of course.

"What are you doing?" He stopped in his tracks and stared at the posters in my hands.

I narrowed my eyes,"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're taking stuff that doesn't belong to you but you would never do that right Rani?"

"No." I said stubbornly even though I knew that I had been caught.

He let out a heavy sigh. "Just give them back."

"You can't make me."

"I can't but the principal sure can. This is considered stealing." He crossed his arms over his chest, knowing that he was going to win this one.

I wouldn't do anything that would get me in serious trouble and he knew that. Smart move to play to your strengths by picking at my weakness.

"So you'd rat me out? Really?" I tried to stand my ground and sound like I didn't care but my voice wavered at te last word.

His voice softened as if he were talking to a child. "Only if you don't give them back."

Suddenly my anger spiked drastically.

"You know what, fine." I tossed them at him. "you can keep them. Just know that she doesn't make me jealous at all so you can stop with the act Luke." I placed my hands on my hips sassily. I

was we'll aware of how I sounded but at the moment I didn't care.

"You think everything's about you and that you can't be gotten over well guess what? Everything's not about you and I have gotten over you! Accept it ok. You should stop being so childish and get over yourself!"

Luke stormed away with the posters stuffed underneath his arm, leaving me with my mouth wide open. I was still in shock that he had yelled and insulted me at the same time.

Accept it?