σηє: ρυρ

kim taehyung is an overactive puppy.

he always has been ever since he first began to walk and talk. his older brother, yoongi, would tell me how much taehyung would cling to his parents and him and how hyper he was whenever he was with them. he’d run around his parents whenever they’d return home, he’d jump onto yoongi to snuggle his face into his neck as he held onto the older boy tightly, and the one time he practically played tug-o-war with his dad’s pants leg to prevent him from leaving.

i thought it was strange how much he resembled a hyperactive animal and never grew out of it. as the years went by, i hoped for the end of taehyung tackling me to the ground with his rectangular smile shining down at me as he squealed, “kookie!”

obviously that didn’t happen since we’re in our teen years and he continues to do so, except now he picks me up as he spins me in circles saying my nickname. if taehyung had a tail, it would’ve been wagging happily all those times he smothered me in his so called love.

whenever he’s sad or upset, he pouts with his bottom lip out as his sweet hazel and brown eyes would sparkle in such sweet innocence to induce guilt upon whoever those eyes land on. for years those puppy eyes have always been used against me to give the older boy whatever he wanted, and he always wanted to cuddle.

taehyung, when he cuddles me at least, has the tendency to wrap his arms and legs around whoever he’s cuddling and would occasionally rub his cheek against the other’s, resulting in the “cuddlee” becoming a blushing mess.

you know how puppies or animals in general rub their heads or bodies against another being to show their affection? that’s what taehyung does.

another reason why taehyung is just like a puppy is how territorial he is with the smallest of things. he became angry when yoongi went into his room one hot summer to air out the house and gave his brother the cold shoulder. he gave jung hoseok the cold shoulder for “trying to steal his precious hyung” from him when in reality hoseok was just asking yoongi about the whereabouts of taehyung.

one of the things i’ve noticed taehyung doing is spraying his shirts and jackets with his signature cologne then hand them to me to wear. once i comply with his demand, his tail would wag and he’d wrap his arm around my shoulders and glare at anyone who dared to look at “his precious kookie”.

he once said, “there can be danger around any corner…” his eyes squinting at everyone around us as we walked down the hallway to homeroom.

i scoffed. “what danger? nothing bad ever happens here, taehyung.”

“ya see here,” taehyung began and looked at me with his signature smirk on his face. “that’s what they want you to think.”

“who’s they?”

taehyung’s face turned into one of confusion as he shrugged and i suppressed the urge to hit him on his arm since i knew he’d pout and whine about it hurting despite me barely patting him on the arm.

i once never understood why taehyung became so clingy to me when we met in daycare all those years ago, but i learned something about him on his seventeenth birthday that i never would’ve believed years before.

on that day, i went over to his house in the snowy weather and expected him to tackle me in a hug. instead, he simply waved at me with a solemn look on his face.

i immediately knew something was wrong.

i tried everything i could to make taehyung happy; asking him if he’s seen any new bunnies on the moon, asking if he taught yeontan and holly new tricks, or anything that came to mind. nothing.

his tail was between his legs as he stared absentmindedly at his hands in his lap. i decided to let him have his moment of silence since it seemed to be the best way to comfort him and wait for him to tell me his troubles on his own.

finally, taehyung took a shaky breath before saying, “sorry, kookie. i’m just...missing someone a lot right now and...i-it just really hurts.” his hands clutched each other tightly as he kept his eyes focused on them instead of looking up at me.

i bit my lip before hesitantly touching his hands to hold them between my own. i began to lightly rub our hands together to warm taehyung’s hands since they were icy cold. with a soft voice, i questioned him. “who are you missing right now? you can tell me.”

taehyung sighed then leaned forward to place his face in my neck and inhale deeply before exhaling onto my neck, lightly tickling my skin. “my brother.” he finally told me. i believed taehyung was missing yoongi and was about to move to go retrieve his brother when his hands slipped from mine to hold them. i took it as a sign to stay still.

“i-i don’t mean yoongi. kookie, i had a fraternal twin...and he died when we were two..be-because of heart disease.” taehyung confessed and instantly i felt a drop of water touch my neck, causing me to gasp in shock. i wrapped my arms around him to hold him tighter against me and began to soothingly pat his head as he silently cried into my neck.

i didn’t urge him to tell me more since i already learned what i needed to. one time when i was helping with the kim family’s spring cleaning, i stumbled upon a picture of a toddling taehyung next to another boy seeming to be his age. they both had energetic smiles filled with happiness and i thought of little tails wagging so fast that they nearly became invisible behind the two boys.

taehyung and his brother were both puppies who pounced and ran together. taehyung lost his brother, his soulmate, to a terrible fate and continued to cling to those around him just to make sure they don’t go too, just like jimin did.

i made many empty promises in the past, but for the first time in my life, i made a genuine promise to the puppy eyed boy. “i promise i won’t leave you too, taehyung.” then i sealed the promise by pushing his hair back and kissing him on his forehead.

he went back to being his clingy and hyperactive self, and i didn’t mind at all. i don’t mind having a clingy puppy with me everywhere i go.

∴━━━✿━━━∴

so~ how was the first chapter??
also i just wrote the first two chapters (including this one) and just realized the writing style of it is a combo of ethereal and break. im so original lol
also x2 this story will have three or four chapters and an epilouge since issa short story and i have proven myself to be too lazy and weak to write more.