тняєє: αмσυя

A/N: ayy so this is the FINAL chapter of pecularity minus the epilouge (yes there will be an epilouge for jeebus sake) and this will be pure fluff. the epilouge will be released later today~

kim taehyung openly shows his love without a care and no one can stop him from displaying it.

he's always shown people how much he cares and loves them. when he was a baby, he'd wail whenever yoongi or his parent left the room and cuddle into their arms whenever they'd quickly return to him then hold him gently. taehyung drew an impressive portrait of his parents for their wedding anniversary at the age of six and decorated a leatherback journal for yoongi's twelfth birthday at the age of ten.

taehyung's birthday tradition is to draw a portrait of what jimin, his late twin, would've looked like on their birthday. even in death, jimin still receives taehyung's unconditional and undying love.

when taehyung and i first met, he clung to my side and constantly tried to bring me out of my shell since i stood on the sidelines to separate myself from the other preschoolers who all scared me, taehyung included.

he'd say while dragging me to the sharing circle, "c'mon, kookie! it won't be a sharing circle if i can't share with you!"

in snack time, he'd hand me his extra apple and sandwich. "eat, eat, eat! kookie, you gotta eat to become a stronk bunny!" taehyung would exclaim.

i furrowed my eyebrows at his words and corrected him. "you mean 'strong'."

"that's what i said. a stronk bunny. listen to your hyung!"

taehyung gave me a sparkling diamond ring that barely fit my tiny fingers since it previously belonged to his mother who gifted it to him, which caused him to giggle before slipping the ring on my small thumb and telling me, "that means i love you! you're my special kookie!"

as we grew up, taehyung became more affectionate and began to take me on little "dates" when we were nine years old. at lunch time we'd share a mini marshmallow pie or any other treat his mother would bake...or more of him feeding me food and rubbing his cheek against mine to show his joy at me eating well. when it was recess taehyung would push me on the swings and go down the slide with me in his arms or hold my hand as we aimlessly walked around the playground.

those "dates" became a normal thing for us throughout the years, except the places to explore together grew as our parents began to remove the barriers preventing us from straying too far.

taehyung would do all he can to express his love for him and for me to know his feelings for him as well.

eventually we became attached by our hips and taehyung got into the habit of wrapping his arm around my shoulder wherever we go, rubbing our cheeks against each other then move away to reveal our burning faces, and calling me his.

i would be lying if i said i never felt warm whenever he'd hold me and told me with no hesitation how much he loves me. i especially be lying if i said i didn't appreciate him visiting me when i had a cold then eventually catching a cold as well.

while we were shivering underneath the same blanket in my bed, i looked at him and called him dumb for risking his health for me.

taehyung shook his head as he wrapped his arms around me, slightly groaning in pain from his sore body, then pulled me closer to him. i didn't know if he did it to warm me up or warm himself up, but i enjoyed having his arms around me.

he said, "what type of boyfriend would i be if i let the love of my life suffer by himself?"

"a dumb boyfriend."

i felt him huff on my hair and i didn't need to see him to know he was pouting, so i leaned my head up to kiss the corner of his mouth softly before running my fingers through his hair. "the perfect yet dumb boyfriend." i rephrased and he smiled wide, causing me to smile back at him.

taehyung doesn't care if he ends up hurt as long as the people he loves know they are loved by him for as long as he lives.

no matter how short his life is.

∴━━━✿━━━∴

i feel like y'all are gonna hate me for the ending 👀