Chapter 25-where she sees him again

After I finished at work I took a cab to go to Trevor's place , it was already dark and I had told Maya I'm going to be a little late. And she said she was already home. In the cab my mind drifted off to Portia. It's funny how much I like her, if things were different they could have been my family. And how I could kill to have a family like that. They were so loving and caring and so normal. You would think people with that much money would be snobby and uptight.

The other day Maya and I were watching Say yes to the dress and the topic of weddings came up. I didn't feel like talking about that considering I wasn't in a good place romantically. I was still trying to get over Trevor which is not going so good. And I hope tonight I won't see him. It seemed as the topic was in the air. The next day Portia had asked me what my dream wedding was like. I had just gold her I hadn't thought about it considering I'm not with anyone but I would like a small wedding and pastel colours otherwise I didn't care about details.

I paid the cab driver when we arrived and told him to wait for me until I get back. I walked through the gate and sat the box of donuts on the welcome mat. I didn't want to risk bumping into him so I quickly turned around and headed for the gate. Before I went far the door opened and I stiffened. I quickly looked over my shoulder to find the most shocking scenario of my life.

"Happy birthday big boy " Maya said to Trevor who was smiling from ear to ear. I stood there frozen, I couldn't comprehend how, why, when. They looked so comfortable together. How? So many questions swirled in mind. A sob escaped from my mouth and they both looked in my direction. They also stood frozen in place. I guess they didn't expect anyone to be here.
"Maria" Trevor started. How dare he? He doesn't deserve to say my name! After all this time, I had hoped , waited that he was going to come for me and he didn't. He doesn't deserve to even utter my name. But on the other hand Maya?! Trevor let go of Maya and started walking towards me. Maya just stood frozen he eyes wide the size of a sauser. Before Trevor could reach me I told my legs to run and I sprinted to to the cab and got in as fast as I could and the drive off leaving the echoes of my name behind.

"Where to Miss?" The driver asked.
Right then my heart pounded. I didn't know where I was going to go. I lived in Maya's apartment and my only friends were the Andersons. I couldn't go to neither because Trevor would easily find me there. David popped in my mind and I went there. I didn't have a choice, I had nowhere else to go. Why did I end up in situations like these?

When we arrived I knocked on the door twice and David opened the door. He was surprised to see me but he quickly led me in as soon as he saw my face. As soon as we sat down I cried. I cried so hard my voice wasn't audiable anymore and my head pounded. David never asked a single question. He just let me cry until I had nothing left.
"It's only for tonight, I'm sorry to budge in on you like this, I'll be out tomorrow morning"I informed him after hours of him holding me.
" It's ok hunny, you can stay as long as you like, I could use a roommate" he replied.
I knew it was ok but I didn't want to take advantage of him, I had a little money saved out. I could rent a small place for a month and start from there.
"We will talk about this tomorrow, let's go to bed" he said.
He showed me a guest room and I didn't even bother to remove my clothes I just slept.

Trevor's POV

I couldn't think, no , I couldn't breathe. The way Maria ran away, shit!!! I was so done. The whole plan that I had in motion was down I'm the drain . I don't stand a chance now. Maya tried to calm me down but I couldn't. How can I? I couldn't get the look on her face, the hurt. I hurt her so bad this time, if I thought the first was bad, this is tragic. I can't even begin to think how I can fix this.
"Calm down Trevor" Maya's voice said.
"Calm down? Can down?" I eyed her with angry eyes.
" Yes, calm down, it's not helping because you won't be thinking clearly! " She screamed at me
" Don't you fucking scream at me right now, I can't deal with your tandrums right now" I shouted back.
" Instead of getting angry with me, think of a plan on how to get her back!" She says. Huh! Get her back. Get her fucking back!! I grabbed my phone and threw it on the wall. The peace of metal clacked and shattered into pieces.
"I was fucking planning to get her back, !!! And I fucked it up , again!!! So Maya tell me how can I get back something that I was trying to get back huh? " I screamed in her face "I just lost her fight now, I don't think I can do this " I said in a softer voice this time. She was now crying ,.
"Come here" she mentioned me to come to her
"Not now Maya"
" You need to calm down" she insisted
" No! I don't need to calm down! Have you ever lost someone you love Maya? Have you!? " I screamed. " When you know that it's totally all your fault? " I finished.
" No I don't but if I did I don't think I would be standing here screaming and throwing things around " she tells me
I scoffed " oh yeah, what will you be doing? " I ask her.
" I would be looking for her " she simply said then walked away.

She left me standing in the middle of my kitchen all alone. I threw more things on the wall but I still didn't feel any better. I hadn't drank in a long time but this, this feels like the right occasion. When you fuck up so bad you don't have a reason to live. I walk to the cabinet and take out my old whisky and take a glass and fill it to the brim. I take a sip and the golden liquid burns my throat, damn it felt good. I was about to take another sip when the glass was knocked out of my hands.
"What the hell!" I shouted.
" Breaking things, fine. Shouting , fine. But I'm not going to let you drink your sorrows away and get pissed drunk because that's not going g to help anyone. " Maya lectures me.
" Maya, let me be" I tell her. I'm tired of screaming.
" You think you're the only person who lost her!? I lost her too! She's my best friend. She's there for me every turn of my life. She's been good to me. She is the best friend anyone has ever asked for and if she don't forgive you, I'm doomed !!! And I don't want that . So you better get your ass out of that chair and find her because God knows I will skin you alive if I lose her too! " With that she ran off to the guest room.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
ruethesunflower 🌻