XV

*Ruby's POV*

The three of us are walking out of school. I texted mom earlier to tell her that I am going to let Tobias drive me. I can call him Tobias. Only me. I don't know why. It was just not the right moment to ask him why. I really feel bad for him. I mean he lost his mother. When he told me that he could have been a better person. I think that he was a better person before she died. She left him alone to face the cruel life. Even his father is a total asshole. As we walk to his mustang, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn and Albert is there with his long curly brown hair. "Hey, Ruby. Would you like to come around my place tomorrow to study together?" He asks. I am kinda surprised actually. I mean I just met you today and you're asking me to come to your house. This is total madness. "She is busy, Roberts." Tobias's voice came harsh against my ears. "I wasn't asking you, Woods." Albert says as his arms cross in front of his chest. "Well, I don't care. I told you she is busy. She will hang out with me." Tobias says hardly. I look at him in surprise. Hang out with him? Should I hang out with him everyday? This feels so weird. "Oh yeah, I wonder why. I mean she slapped the shit out of you two days ago." Albert says with a smirk drawn on his face. "You son of-" "Tobias!" I find myself saying. He just looks at me at the sight of his name. His face is no longer angry. It is relaxed once again. I turn to Albert. "I am sorry, Albert. But, if you can't learn to respect my friends. We can't be friends." I say as I turn to walk away to the mustang that had Ash siting in the backseat staring at his phone. "Ruby! Wait!" I hear Albert before me. I get into the driver's seat. Tobias gets into the passenger seat. He hands me the keys. I turn on the engine. "Ruby. Please hear me out." He says as he stands next to the car's door. "I might hear you out if you try to hear my friends out." I say as I look at him and then drive out of the parking lot. I look at Tobias. He has a big smile drawn on his face. I wonder why. I smile too. I wonder why as well.

We arrive at my place. I park the car and then we go into the house. "I am home." I say as I get into the house. "Ruby!" Peter comes hugging me. "Hello there, peter pan." I say as I lift him up and hug him tightly. I have always called him peter pan. I used to read him those when he was younger. He loved it so much and decided that his name was peter pan and I was Wendy. I let him down and walk to the kitchen to mom. "Hey mom." I say as I kiss her cheeks. "Hey there sweetheart. How was your day?" She asks with a smile. "It was okay." I say as I steal a chicken stripe. I take a bit form it. "I think you should invite the guys one day for dinner. Specially the Tobias boy." She says with a wink and a wide smirk. "Hey, Miss Clarks." I chock on the chicken that is in my throat as I hear his voice entering the kitchen. "You okay, Ruby?" He asks as he walks towards me. I feel his hand rubbing my back gently. I look at him. I feel the heat rising into my light skinned and freckled cheeks. Which makes it more obvious. He smiles at me. "I am fine. I think Ash is calling us." I say as I grab his hand. "See ya, mom." I say as I head out of the kitchen pulling him after me so my mom won't talk about whatever she was talking about in front of him. I am kinda afraid to tell the guys that the vow is broken and that I am able to date and go out again. I kinda feel that Tobias has something for me. Like a crush or something like that. I don't know. I am just not ready for another heartbreak. The whole school likes him so it so easy for him to cheat. I wasn't giving my last boyfriend advantage so that is why he found another girl that would give him some. That is why he cheated. I didn't give him advantage cause I was scared. I needed time but he didn't have enough patience. I am afraid that if I gave Tobias the chance of us being together. He might also doesn't have patience. "Holding hands?" I hear Ash's voice as we walk into the room. He is laying on the bed. I feel myself going red again as I realize I am still holding Tobias's hand into mine. His hand is warm and soft. He is holding back softly. I let my hand leave his slowly as I walk to the bed. "Shut up, asshole." I say as I hit Ash on the head with the pillow. "Ow. What? You guys are really in love. I am going to be third wheeling soon." He says with a sneaky smirk starting at the end of his lips. "No, we are not. I think we will be third wheeling you soon when you get the yogurt boy." I say with the same smirk. He goes red and buries his head into the pillows. "You're so evil, Ruby." He says into the pillows. I just laugh a little. My eyes catch Tobias's. He is starting at me. He is just standing there staring at me. Daydreaming at me my face. "Are you okay?" I say as I throw a pillow at him to wake him up from his daydreaming. "Hey." He says as the pillow hit his face hard. He rushes towards me. He hits me back with the pillow. I fall back laying into the bed on top of the laying Ash. "Ow!" He says as he gets up and makes me fall to the floor. Tobias hits him with the pillow. I get up and grab a pillow. I hit Tobias. He looks at me which gives Ash a chance to escape. He walks to the beanbag that was laying at the other end of the room and sits on it. I feel arms around my waist. Tobias strong arms are holding me upside down on his shoulder. "Get me down." I say as I start to feel the blood rush into my head. "What is the magical word?" He asks. "Please." I say helplessly. He puts me down on the bed. "Don't play games with me, Clarks." He says as we share the same breath. His eyes are breathtaking. It makes you feel like you're in the ocean. His breath is tickling my neck. I look at his pink lips. I think for a second he's going to kiss me. He was staring hardly at my lips. Like he really wanted to kiss them so badly. He gets up and walks outside the room. I just sight. I don't know if I should be happy if he didn't kiss me or not. "You haven't broken your vow, yet?" Ash asks for the other end of the room. "I will tell you something but you have to swear Ash that you will never ever tell Tobias, okay?" I say. Ash gets up and jumps next to on the bed. "Deal." He says as I sight and tell him how the vow got broken by my clumsy friend.