LIX

*Ruby's POV*

"I got accepted, mom." I shout as I jump happily in the middle of our living room. Mom comes running out of the kitchen. "You did?" She says happily. I nod smiling. I run up to her and hug her tightly. We both hug smiling and jumping up and down the living room. Dad comes inside the house. He looks sweaty and dirty. "What's that all about, eh?" He asks smiling. "She got accepted, Ryan." Mom says filled up with excitement. "Why are you guys so loud?" Louisa says as she comes down the stairs. "Ruby got accepted." Dad says as he joins in with me and mom. Louisa smiles as she joins in with the group jumping hug. I smile to myself. My family hadn't been this happy from a long time.

Mom decided that we need to celebrate. She baked a cake. I even invited Ash and Jim along with Albert and Amelia. "This is even better than our graduation party." Ash says as he eats cake. We are sitting on the grass in the backyard. "Yeah, our graduation sucked." Amelia says laughing. "Well, she leaves for Harvard in two days." Louisa says as she walk out of the back door and up to us. I have gotten closer to Louisa since we lost Peter. It is been really good to have this bonding time along with her. I really feel like I have a sister now. She takes a seat next to me. She's been so lonely since Shane left to college two days ago. She actually also apologized for sleeping with my last boyfriend. She also said that Tobias loved me really loved me cause he never really treated her like a girlfriend. I felt sad when she mentioned him. I still miss him terribly. I haven't heard from him since I left him in his room. She asked me if we could start over. I agreed happily . She sits next to me. "I will leave in three. Shame." Ash says sadly. "I leave in a week, how about that." Albert says. I laugh at him along with Ash and Jim. "I am going to be miles away from you two. I am gonna miss our squad, you guys." Ash says as he holds my hand in his and holds Albert's with his other. Ash is going to study fashion in Texas. As for Albert, he's joining me in Harvard along with Amelia. But, they will leave later. "You guys suck. Why don't you travel with me?" I say sadly. "Yeah, we definitely suck because Albert's mother wants to go to the beach with us first." Amelia says as we all break into a laughter.

I am packing my stuff into boxes. My room is now full of boxes. I hear the door knock. "Enter." I say as Louisa enters the room. She sits on the bed. She's holding a letter. "What's that? Did Shane write to you?" I ask as I place a book into the box on the top of another one. "No. It is Tobias." She says. Wait what? Tobias wrote for her? "He wrote for you." She says as she hands me the white envelope. I look at it. It has the address sent from... New York? But, he was supposed to go to Miami? Maybe he went to New York instead? I open it slowly. I sight as I look at it.

Dear Ruby,

I miss you. A lot actually. I just wanted to tell you that you really meant a lot to me. I am sorry for writing this late. I really thought a lot about writing to you.

I pause.

He was nervous about writing to me. I sight. I look up to find Louisa staring at me. "What did he say?" She asks. "I didn't finish it yet." I say. "Well, this also came with it." She hands me a blue present box. "I will leave you to it, but, promise to tell me details." She says as she leaves the room passing me a wink. She closes the door leaving me along with his letter and his little gift. I sit down on the bed. I take a deep breath as I turn my sight back to the letter.

I hope you actually read this. Because it says a lot I may not have had the courage to tell you in person. Ruby Clark, you mean everything to me. I really love you. Ever since I saw you by those lockers. I may have not realized it yet but, I knew there was something different about you. Something different from those other girls I used to hook up with. I am glad you slapped me that day. Cause that what made me even more crazy about you.

I smile at the memory he mentioned. Slapping him. I really wasn't planing on engaging with Tobias since he flirted with me by the lockers and when he flirted again in class. But, him being glad about it , is just crazy. I bring my gaze back to the words.

You're the very first friend I have made. Except the fact that, I didn't find you my friend. You were like my crush. More than a crush actually. I just cared about you in a way I never did with anyone. I felt like it was my duty to protect you and keep you save always. And whenever I approved of you driving my car was because I loved seeing you smiling with your hair flying behind your neck. I loved everything about you. How you talked to me. How you say my name. How you smile at me. How you laugh. I even love how you fall asleep. I wish I never took away Peter from you or your family. I loved them as well. How sweet your mother is and how nice your father is. I also liked Louisa. She may have hurt you. But, she's a soft one. She just needs time.

I smile at how he described my family.

And then there is Peter. Or should I say Peter Pan? I loved the kid. He was so much fun. He didn't deserve whatever happened to him.

I chuckle as my eyes start to tear up at the mention of Peter.

I hope you all happiness. Even with someone else other than me. And lets ignore the fact , how much I want your happiness to be with me. The fact that some other dude might be with you. Touch you. Kiss you. Just drives me crazy. You drive me crazy, Ruby. You always have. I want you to forgive me for everything. I love you. I always will.

                                                        Love,

                                 Tobias.

Pls: take it slow on her.

The letter ends leaving me with tears all over my cheeks. I open the box to find his mustang keys laying there. The key chain I got him isn't there. I laugh with more tears going down my cheeks. I hug both the letter and the keys.