XXIV

*Tobias's POV*

I take a deep breath to smell the ocean as we arrive at the middle of California. "This is amazing." Ruby says as her hair is flying behind her. Her eyes are closed. She looks like a little girl who is enjoying her first ride to beach ever. "Focus on the road, Woods. I don't wanna die." Ash says as he grabs my attention. She laughs lightly. I smile as I hear her laugh. We arrive at the yogurt shop. It lies on the beach. I park my car and we get out. Ash walks into the yogurt shop nervously. I walk along with Ruby. We enter and take a table that is near the sea. "This is amazing. I love it." Ruby says as she takes a deep breath from the sea's air. "Indeed it is." We hear a guy say. We all turn to him. I totally recognize him from the photo that Ash showed me. He isn't so tall. His body is totally too muscular for a yogurt boy. "Hey, I know you. You used to come here all summer. It is Ash, right?" Jimmy as his name tag says say. "Oh yeah." Ash says nervously. I look at him. His braided hair is pulled back into a ponytail. He has some light eyeshadow on his eyelids. He is wearing jeans along with a grey sweater. He is wearing a necklace. It resembles a peace sign. "Hey, I am Ruby here and this is Woods." She says as she introduces each of us. I am glad she didn't say Tobias. I am not really in a mood for asking someone to not call me by my own name. "Hello, there. So what yogurt should we serve for you tonight?" He says smiling. I was about to say something when Ruby bursts out saying. "We will take avocado yogurt." She says smiling. I look at her. What the hell? I hate avocados. "Wow, You all like avocado yogurt?" Jimmy asks smiling. "Oh yeah, Specially Ash. He adores them." She says as she points at Ash. I am really confused. "Well, I adore them as well. Looks like we got something in common, Ash." Jimmy says as he passes a wink to Ash. He walks away to leave Ash with red burning cheeks. "I hate avocados. I don't really recall Ash liking them either." I say as I look at her. "I love them now." Ash says. "See, I kinda did it by luck. I didn't know Jimmy liked avocados." She says as she smiles. "Well, we are going to pretend that we like them so he can have a boyfriend?" I ask. "Yeah." Ruby says as her arms struggle. "Well, my shift just ended and I was wondering if I can eat yogurt with you guys." Jimmy says as he comes with the yogurt. He isn't wearing his uniform anymore. He is wearing black jeans along with a red hoodie. "Of course." Ruby says as she sits next to me and leaves the chair next to Ash for Jimmy. "I don't like this." I whisper to her. "We will get ice cream, just wait." She whispers back. "Well, tell me Ash what else do you like." Jimmy asks Ash as he eats his yogurt. "Oh god. We really have to go, Ash." Ruby says as she stands up. The three of us look at her. "What? But, why?" Jimmy asks sadly. "I remember I have an appointment with my dentist." She says. I kinda know that she is lying. "Well, Ash doesn't have to come, right?" Jimmy asks. "Well, Who is going to take him home?" She asks. "I can drive him." Jimmy says. Ash looks at him with heart eyes. Damn. This is weird. "Oh okay. I will see you then, Ash." She says as she hugs Ash. "It was nice meeting you, Jimmy." He says as she and Jimmy shake hands. "Nice meeting you as well, Ruby and Woods." He says as we turn and leave. We walk to the car. "This was awesome. Miss Matchmaker." I say as we get into the car. She laughs. "Well, Let's get ice cream and go somewhere." She says. "I know a place." I say as I turn on the engine.

"If I fall Tobias, I swear I will murder you." She says as she walks with her eyes closed. We stand at the cliff. "Now open them." I say. "Wow." She says as she takes a look at California. The whole town can be seen from here. I walk to the car and grab a blanket. I place it on the ground. I sit down with the bag that contains the boxes of ice cream. "Come on." I say as she sits next to me. Still amazed by the view. "What is this place?" She asks. "Well, this is my own place. My special one. My parents meet here for the first time. Here was there first date and first kiss." I say. "This is beautiful. I love it, Tobias." She says as she looks again at the view. I just look at her. She is totally beautiful. Everything about her is worth looking at for a lifetime. She catches me staring. "You know it is rude to stare." She says. I just smile. "Well, when you have such a beautiful thing right in front of you. You should stare." I say. I can see her cheeks turning red. "Stop flirting." She says as she hits me in the arm. "I am not." I say. "Ruby." I say. Her name itself is worth saying. "Hm." She says as she looks at me. We are sharing the same breath. I just stare at the details of her face. Her star-like freckles. The green pure emerald green that rest into her eyes. "What is up with you Tobias?" She asks. She doesn't move an inch. "Have you ever fell in love with someone... someone that likes someone else?" I ask her. She just looks at the view.