LV

*Ruby's POV*

I take a deep breath as I walk into the house. It is full of people wearing black and the smell of the strong coffee and tea. I walk upstairs since I am not in the mood for the death words. Like "sorry for your loss" or "stay strong". They hurt. I go into my room. I meet her eyes. She's standing and talking with Ash. Her cumrly black hair is pulled into a bun. She's wearing a pair of black jeans along with a black leather jacket. They both look at me as I look back in shook. "Hey." She says smiling. I run into her   I cry into her shoulders. "It is okay. You'r fine." She says softly as she pats my back. I can't believe she flew here. Just to be with me in my grieving days. She's the best. "He's gone, Lil." I cry. She hugs me tighter.

We are laying on the grasd the backyard. The sun is sending it is warm sunshine into our faces. A soft spring breeze makes my dress fly through the air. A shadow erases the sunshine. I look up to the person standing in front of us. His tie is loosened up a bit. Two buttons are opened. I get up to sit. Lily does the same. "Hi. I am Lily." She says as she waves up to him. He doesn't look at her. His eyes are fixed upon me. "Can we talk?" He asks in a low voice that I barely heard. "Okay, I will leave." Lily says as she gets up to leave us alone. As she leaves, he sits next to me. "He's going to be executed after tomorrow probably." He says. He's staring
at the grass. I know he's talking about his father. That murderer who killed my brother. "I am traveling back to Miami with Elite." He says. I look at him with eyes full of shook. He's still staring at the ground. "I think it's for the best. I should stay away." He says. His voice is low and shaking. I feel tear as they flood and blur up my eyes. I still love him. I actually feel like we belong together. A part of me wants to just cry into his neck. But, another part is fighting it saying that he's the reason Peter is dead. "I have caused enough shit." He says. He gets up. I stand up as well. We're sharing air. "I will miss you, Ruby. Good luck with your life." He says as we share contact. I feel his fingers as they trace the necklace around my neck. "I will miss you, too." I say as he pulls me into his arms. I feel his heart beat against cheeks. He pulls back too soon. He walks away, leaving me both sad and broken.

"He's hot." Lily says as we lay in bed. "He's leaving." I say. "What?" She says. "Yeah." I mumble as I bury my face into my pillows. "I thought you guys were together?" She asks. "No." I say into the pillow. "I didn't know you got a car?" She says. A car? I look up to her. She's standing by the nightstand, holding car keys into her hand. I jump out of bed and walk up to her. "Give me that!" I say as I snatch the keys out of her hand. I look at them. I have seen those keys before. Those are Tobias's mustang keys. The one his mother got him. Shit. What is it doing here? "Are you up to go somewhere?" I say. "Okay." She says as her shoulders give a small shrug. I nod as I grab my vans. I go downstairs as I struggle to pull on my shoes. "Wait for me!" I hear her behind me. "Where are you girls going?" I hear mom as I walk to the door. "For a ride." I say as I tuck the his keys into my jeans pocket. "Okay, don't be late." She says as I grab her keys and Lily's hand. We go into mom's car. "Can you tell me what the hell is happing?" Lily asks as I start the engine. "You'll find out." I say as I start the car.