The Date and the Surprise Kiss

The next day was Saturday, the day of the Hogsmeade trip. The night before I told Sallie and Kiki that I was going with Draco instead. They didn't mind, however they were smug that I finally was going out with him at least once.

"I can't imagine how your date will turn out. Everyone knows that Draco fancies you." Sallie teased. "This would be all around the school before dinner tonight."

"Shut up." I told her. "Thank goodness that Draco had asked me out for one day."

"He asked you to go to the Yule Ball with him back in fourth year." Kiki pointed out. "If I were you, I would pick out a pretty outfit for the trip to Hogsmeade."

An hour later, I waited with the others who are going to Hogmeade. I looked around for Draco, wondering where he is and why he is taking so long. Then I saw Draco walking with a few Slytherins. He as well dressed up nicely, so at least I'm not the only one looking fancy.

"Ready to go?" Draco asked me.

I nodded before turning on my heel to walk by Filch, who was waving a device to detect Dark magic. Draco had no choice but to follow me all the way to the village.

"How much longer are you going to treat me like this, Jade? I never had done anything to you."

"Really? You stalk me around like a love stricken dog!" I turned around and shot him a glare. "I have to put up with Sallie and Kiki teasing me about us making a good couple!"

Draco looked surprised at my outburst. Satisfied, I tried to turn back. But it seems like Draco had other ideas.

He grabbed my arm, spun me back around, and kissed me. I was too shocked to do anything but to let Draco put one hand behind my head. The sensation of his warm lips open mine made my heart beat faster. Thinking quickly, I pulled back.

"What was that for?" I demanded, looking around to see if the others had saw Draco kissing me. Thankfully, the students are too busy to head over to Honeydukes or to the Three Broomsticks.

"It seems like there's nothing left for me to do to try to convince you that I love you." Draco whispered. "You are playing with my heart by your every move. I don't know what else that would make you understand."

 "I was willing to go on this date with you."

"Doesn't matter. All that I wanted is to know that you love me as well." Draco's face fell as he said those words, sending a chill down my back and in my heart.

We stared at each other for what felt like a long time.

"I'm sorry for all of that." I lowered my head. "If I agree to be your girlfriend, would you feel happier?"

Silence greeted my words. I didn't dare to look back up. Then I felt Draco wrap his arms around my body.

"It would make my day if you do." Draco muttered in my head.

After that, we went to join our classmates down in the Hogsmeade village.