Late Nights in

Before even opening his eyes completely, Sora could already hear the tapping sound on the windows. He lifted his upper body up with one arm while rubbing his eyes with the hand of the other.

"It hasn't stopped yet."

Sora got startled for just a second when Riku made that monotone comment. He totally forgot he spent the day at Riku's place.

Sora didn't reply, he just stared outside the window, watching the rain droplets land on the glass and race each other down to the ledge.

"Are you alright?" Riku asked concerned, crawling onto the bed and sitting down next to him.

"Huh?" he turned to look at a concerned Riku, "Yeah, just tired."

"You just slept for three hours." Riku teased.

"Yeah, but I just woke up." he replied with a slight tone of irony in his voice.

Riku slowly crawled on top of the bed and towards Sora. He placed a kiss on Sora's forehead, making him blush.

Riku smiled at him and before Sora could smile back, he burst out into laughter. Riku moved his fingers across Sora's body from his waist to his neck, sending a tingling sensation through his body.

He couldn't help but laugh (true, check your biology books.).

"Riku, stop!" he screamed through his laughter.

For just a few seconds, Riku stopped to smirk at him. His entire body, supported by his arms, was now leaning over Sora's. They smiled at each other and as the heat rose up to Sora's cheeks, he tried to avoid eye contact.

"Hey," Riku lowered his body onto him as he moved one hand towards Sora's chin, "look at me."

Riku smirked as he moved Sora's head to face him again, only making the boy's cheeks light up even more.

They smiled at each other briefly and just when Sora was about to start giggling again, Riku leaned in. Their lips finally meeting.

Wow. The word echoed through both of their minds.

And yeah, wow, how simple and silly love can be.

~

Hi, I'm back! Sorry for the long and unannounced hiatus. I want to thank you all for still supporting my stories. There's just a lot going on in my life but I'm doing my best to not let that stop me from being creative on here.

(Art credit to @NotRetto on Twitter)