The 'Past'

I'm late with an update for this sorry guys. But summer is in a few days and I promise I will have more updates for you guys PROMISE! Also I don't remember giving an age to Kai so he is going to be 15.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Kai's P.O.V
He asked me what's wrong. A better question would be what's right. I don't really have to worry about timelines being changed because that doesn't really happen. It's just stuff that's fake in movies, nothing bad really happens. Everything stays the same. "Well, you see uncle Shiro," how do I put this. I'm upset! I just want to go home to my actually parents. Not have someone yell at me when I'm just trying to get along with them. Sure they aren't my dads in this time line but it still hurts. "I want to go home!" I yell hiding my face, which has tears flowing down it, in my hands. Uncle Shiro rubs his hand on my back as a way of comfort. He is just the same. I smile a little, uncle Shiro would always do this whenever I'm sad. "I was just trying to get along with my 'dads'," I did air quotes with my hands when I said dads to show that they aren't really my dads at this time. "I didn't do anything bad, and Lance yells at me saying "I'm not your 'papa'. I get he isn't my papa at this time but it still hurts. The hatred in his eyes. It made me cry." I'm not sobbing as I'm talking about my problems to uncle Shiro. "Oh Kai, I'm so sorry." He says still rubbing my back. Then he pulls me into a hug and I sob into his shoulder. I nuzzle into his next probably getting snot all over his shirt, yet he shows no sign of caring. Then I hear a knock at the door. I let go of uncle Shiro, he gets up to open the door. When the door opens I see pa- I mean Lance. "Hey Lance, what are you doing here?" Uncle Shiro asks him. "Hey Shiro is Kai here?" He asks, guess he hasn't seen me yet. "I'm right here.." I say low but loud enough for him to here me. I look to the side as I say it suddenly very interested in the floor. "Hey Kai..." he says. I can't help it, I sneak a glance. "Can I talk to you?" "Sure." I reply. I get up from the bed and walk over to where Lance and uncle Shiro are. "Thanks uncle Shiro. I'll talk to you later maybe." I give him a smile. All he does is return the smile and nod. I walk out with Lance and it's just an awkward silence. We walk to what in my time is my room. Which used to be my papa's. "Come in?" He asked me as he opened the door. I say nothing but walk inside. I sat on the edge of the bed then he started talking. "Look, kid I'm so sorry about earlier. It's just a lot is happening today. It's hard to process all this, me and Keith? I don't see that happening. I never did. Then finding out we have a kid together, it's just a little weird..." "Seriously, you never thought you'd get together?" He looked at me with a raised brow. He walks over to the desk and grabs the chair. He brings it close to the bed and sits. I began to speak. "I've only been here for a little and I see such a spark between you guys." "What do you mean?" He asked me. I laughed at how oblivious he is. "Seriously? Look..can I call you papa?" He nods, I continue, "Look papa don't you see the way dad looks at you? And how red he got when he found out that I was the son of you guys. Look I'm 15 and I'm not stupid I know when I see love. In my time of you were told that Lance and Keith the famous couple were rivals they would laugh in your face. You guys are just the most amazing couple ever! And no one can change that." I gave him a smile while he looked at me with disbelief. "But?" Oh god papa seriously. "But what?" "I don't have a crush on Keith.." he said looking at the floor. "You sure?" I had an mischievous smirk on my face when I saw him turn bright red. "YES! POSITIVE!" He got all flustered and defensive. I started laughing. "OMG! YOU SO LOVE DAD!" I was so loud it echoed. Then I remembered that dad's bedroom was right across of papa's bedroom. I slapped a hand over my mouth when I saw he gave me a shocked look that screamed 'what have you done' and 'I'm going to kill you'. "Say it a little louder would you I don't think the whole universe heard you." "Oops" I said laughing at how red and embarrassed he is. "Soooo you love dad~" I tease as I put my elbow on my lap and my head in my hand. "I- uh u-um..." his eyes darted everywhere around the room but me. "You know I'm sure dad loves you too. I mean I'm 100% positive of that but I mean at this time right here right now." He looks at me with fear in his eyes. "OMG PAPA WHAT CAN GO WRONG YOU GUYS ALREADY GET MARRIED IN THE FUTURE WHY ARE SO SCARED TO QUIZNAKING CONFESS YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR DAD!" I yell on the top of my lungs that it echoed again. He let out a groan because I did the same thing I did last time. He covered his face from embarrassment. I didn't even care that dad's bedroom was across the hall. I want him to listen. I want him to come and talk to papa. "Look Kai as much as I want to do that, he hates me, at least now. For Pete's sack it's hard to form Voltron because of how much we fight!" He threw his arms in the arm like he always does then threw them back on his lap. Just as I was about to say something there was a knock at the door. He want to get up but I told him to let me. I walk to the door and open it. "OH hey dad..." I say suspiciously obviously knowing he heard me when I yelled about papa loving him. "Hey Kai, is Lance in there?" I turn to see papa curled in a ball as embarrassment flows over his body. He looks at me and shakes his hand no telling me to tell dad he ain't here. I turn back to dad and do the opposite of what my papa asked me. "He's here." I move away from the door and let dad in. Papa gives me a death stare and I give out a little giggle. "I'll leave you be." And with that I walk out the room and this time I do actually go see if aunt Pidge has made any progress on getting me home.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry if I made mistakes I didn't re read it 😅
Jess out~