I'm Sorry

-Andrew-

The next day was Saturday morning, meaning I had no school for today, so I just woke up late and began to work on some projects.

My phone began to rang just when I was about to start on my project.
I looked over and I saw Noaomi over the screen, took the device and press accept seconds later hearing her voice.

"Andrew, hey."

"What do you want?"

"Look, I know you might be mad at me b-"

"Oh really? Why do you think so? I'm estatic!"

"Andrew.."

"No don't worry! I don't mind being ghosted! Although we agreed minutes before we were going!"

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I just had something coming up..you know with my mom and stuff"

When she said those words I felt incredibly mad at her, I know she has problems going on with her mother but, it felt like she was lying to me. I wanted to tell her how I feel.

"Are you lying to me?"

Silence

"What!? Andrew I would never lie to you and most importantly with something like my mother!"

"I just feel like you don't want me in your life anymore."

"Don't even think that!"

"You know what? Let's go out! Tonight! Let's go to the movies. There's a new movie everyone is talking about"

"Noaomi..."

"Nope I won't accept any excuses! I'm going to repay that going out date with you"

She is still a really nice person, and she cares about her friends. She cares about me.

"Okay you got me, let's go out tonight"

"Fuck yes"

I laughed, them ended the call. Immediately continued with the project.

...

It was 6, and I had already finished all of my work so I just started to get ready.
I showered, and shaved, then taking my clothes and putting them on.

I styled my hair. Spraying a little bit of cologne and I was all ready.

I went downstairs, mom was out at work, I did told her that I was going out with Noaomi.

Went to the kitchen searching for something to eat in the meantime, having in mind that we where going to the cafe before the movies.

I saw some tortillas so I took some and put them in the pan, once they where warm I took a little bit of salt and spread it around the tortilla.

This was a snack my grandpa used to teach me to do. He taught me all I know about Mexico.
But I don't know much of Spanish though.

My dad's family is Mexican and my mom's family is American.

I had always hanged out with my grandparents but since my mother divorced dad. The relationship between me and my grandparents was teared apart.

The went by and it was already 6:38 when Noaomi knocked on my door.
I turned the lights off and opened the door, the girl I was expecting to be there standing appeared.

"Ready?" She smiled excitedly.

"Yep" I said locking the door before leaving the house.

"So I was thinking.." she played with her fingers.

"Yeah?" I looked at her.

"Maybe we could go to the cafe before the cinema, since the movie starts at 7:30" she looks at me. "Oh I know you where gonna do this" I felt slightly irritated by the sudden plan.

"So is that a yes?" She smiled.

"Yeah why not" I forced my smile.

"Great."

...

Once we ordered our drinks and had drank them all the way down, we left the coffee shop and continued our path to the movies.

When we arrived, we straightaway went to buy some tickets, since Noaomi didn't have the time to buy them online, we had to get them in the movie theater, I was waiting on the line for the movie tickets, while Noaomi was getting the snacks.

"Hi welcome to Goodies Movies! How can I help you?"

"Hi can I get two tickets for 'Set it up'?"

"Sure that will be ten dollars"

I took my money from my pocket and gave it to the cashier.

"Alright, please choose where you wanna sit"

She showed me the places that where available in the theater, clicking in the tablet I choose two chairs in the middle line, middle column.

"Okay that's it!"
"Thank you" I said while leaving the line and taking a sit in the table we are going to meet on while I waited for Noaomi with the snacks.

Five minutes had already went by and Noami still wasn't near.
So I decided to text her.

Hey, did you already get the snacks?
Arrived at 7:13

That's weird, having in mind that we decided that I was going to get the tickets and she was getting the snacks then we where gonna meet here.

Hello?
Arrived at 7:16

Maybe she was in the bathroom?

With the popcorn?

Oh shit right.

Maybe the line is long?

Maybe.
So I decided to go to the restroom. Since I didn't go while I was the cafe. I needed to use the restroom.

And so I did. I went inside the restroom and did what I needed to do. Smelled really gross but what can I expect from a public bathroom, I finished my necessities, so went on to wash my hands, I could listen some loud funny sounds while I washed my hands, the weird scent being more visible this time.

The sounds became louder now.
Oh
Is that moaning?
Fuck I gotta go.
I was finishing washing my hands when the room became silent.

Wow.
Is this allowed?

This will be a funny story to tell Noaomi.

I quickly took a paper towel and dry my hands,
I was about to leave when the cubic door opened.

No fucking shit