s i x t e e n

carla
jordan
stephanie
————————————————
"wow you mean business. its exactly four o clock on the dot"

"what can i say, i need these hours."

"haha ok. give me a second to get my notebook"

"haha yea no problem"

"..."

"ok i got it. so um my teacher just taught us about trig functions and graphing them?"

"ok yea i have a pretty good idea i think or i remember?"

"cool. so i tried to do the worksheet homework tee best i could but i still have some problems"

"ok."

"um. with y equal tangent of 3x. i cant figure out the phase shift."

"ok. yea so do you know the phase shift equation?"

"c over b?"

"and what does c stand for and what does b stand for?"

"to be honest i have no idea."

"thats ok. thats why i am here."

L A T E R  O N

"ok thank you jordan!!"

"yea no problem. im glad i could help"

"if you even need help with science or history, im here haha"

"ha ill keep that in mind."

"good. anyway..."

"can we meet up sometime? wait-no-uh-i mean can i tutor you like face to face next time?"

"uh—"

"who are you—steph! give me back my pho—carla is this the guy from the other night? you listen here sir. if you dare cal—stephanie!!—dont call again sir"

L I N E G O E S D E A D

"hey again."

"i am so sorry about that! it was just my sister being stupid."

"no. thats ok."

"so how come she doesnt like me?"

"oh uh no she uh confused you with another guy..."

"you have another butt dialer on the side?!?"

"haha"

"i know im a comedian. i knew it was my passion."

"cocky as ever i see. but seriously im so sorry!! she acts like an older brother or something but in reality shes only like 12"

"shes 12?!?"

"umm i think she turned 15 a couple months ago but i couldnt be too sure"

"haha i dont even know how old my younger brother and sister are sometimes. like right now i couldnt tell you."

"are they twins?"

"theyre irish twins i think? they are exactly 2 years apart. so their birthdays are on the same day though"

"thats so cool! and convenient ha i guess"

"yea but at least they dont take my phone and yell at you."

"you are never gonna let me live that down, are you? i feel awful about it and not to mention quite embarrassing."

"please enlighten me. how is that embarrassing?"

"well because i uh well i mean you. i just. uhmmm i guess i sometimes go on dates and sometimes they come home with me but yesterday the guy i brought home uh my sister caught us like making out. super awkward."

"that she brought it up?"

"yeaaa in front a of a total stranger."

"now now i wouldnt say i was a stranger..."

"sorry in front of a total random guy that i sometimes get tutored by and share late night conversations with"

"well when you put it that way..."

"so... im gonna go murder my sister. thank you for tutoring me."

"no problem. do you need to be tutored tomorrow too?"

"uh no. but i'll let you know if i need help. it was nice talking to you jordan, besides that really embarrassing moment that came up."

"i'll talk to you later carla."

——————————
i hope that new kind of formatting wasnt too confusing. i also want to comment about carla: she can go on dates without ho-ing around or being considered a slut! i dont need haters in this book so back off lmao. shes an independent woman who can make her own decisions. also its been a while since ive done precalc with like graphing trigonometric equations and my final is coming up and i struggled writing that part because all math has left my head.
-lila