Nostalgia

The nostalgia rushed back into Link’s head as he crossed the Inogo Bridge. The clear, blue water of the cascading Zora River, the mixture of grass and stone that created the eastern pathway, and the two luminous towers that lied on the west side of the bridge that shone like lanterns in the dark. It all reminded him of a memory he had cherished for quite awhile-- the first time he ever met Sidon. Link could never pinpoint why he found Sidon to be so alluring; there was just always something there. Something that made his heart sing like a canary in a cage, something that made his nerves dance like a ballerina performing on stage, something that he yearned to understand.

As Link traversed the pathway to Zora’s Domain, he could not help but to stop and savor the memories of his story; especially making sure to indulge himself in the memories where Sidon popped out of the river to cheer him on. Link stood on the Bank of Wishes and gazed out into the river.

It was as if Link could hear Sidon’s voice in his head, “You can do it! Stay Strong! I believe in you!”

“Thank you, Sidon.”

A breeze of cool air flowed through the mountains and caused Link’s golden locks to whip in the wind like the sea of grass. It was a tranquil moment. How ironic that just a day ago, Link and Zelda fought Calamity Ganon, and now, Link spent his time swimming in a river of nostalgia.

The closer he was to Zora’s Domain, or rather, Sidon, the more anxious he became. The anticipation drove Link insane. His heart wanted to soar out of the cage it was trapped in and sing till its voice was obsolete. He crossed the Oren Bridge, traveled Luto’s Crossing, and walked over Ruto Lake; all while remembering the moments of frustration, excitement, and the most important of all, desire.

He finally arrived. As Link stood before the Great Zora Bridge, he could feel the chills running down his spine. The illuminated pillars were breathtaking and terrifying at the same time. They proved that elegance and strength could exist in one.

“I’ve already been here before, why am I acting so fidgety?” Link asked himself.

He lifted his left foot from the gentle grass and placed it on the firm stone of the bridge, then did the same with his right. He walked, and walked, and walked, and walked for what seemed like eternity to his anxiety-stricken mind. He eventually came to a small set of stairs; Link counted each step in his mind as he climbed.

“One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven…”

As he reached the top stair, he looked up and noticed the two guards Dunma and Rivan, but then he caught Link’s attention. The red colored man who indulged Link’s mind now indulged Link’s cerulean blue eyes.