Happiness and Her Shapes and Sizes

It was the day of the ball. Preparations were being set, people were stressing, cooks were cooking, everything was going according to plan. 

Link sat next to the window in his room. The sunshine shone on his face and sparkled in his eyes. He looked out at all the people running around, trying to make everything perfect for the ball. They looked like ants foraging for food. It was tiring just watching them, let alone being in their footsteps.

Link was worried about tonight. He had a suspicion that something would go awry, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was. His outfit was an interesting choice. It was a seafoam green pantsuit with a black turtleneck underneath. His neckline and wrists adorned a beautiful golden necklace and bracelet. His earrings were handcrafted topaz earrings from Gerudo Town. He didn't care much for his outfit, but Zelda had put so much effort into designing and buying the necessary parts to it that he had to wear them whether he wanted to or not.

There was a knock at Link's door. He already knew who it was, but he wished it could have been Sidon instead.

Zelda shut the door behind her, "Today's the big day." She waited for Link's reaction.

"Yeah, I guess so." Link kept looking out the window. Zelda ambled over and gently sat next to Link.

"Will you promise me something?" She softly spoke.

Link looked away from the window and into Delta's eyes.

"Promise me that, no matter how things play out tonight, you'll still be the same Link that I know and love."

Link hesitated for a moment, "What do you mean, Zelda?"

"You can still be happy without being in love," Zelda gently placed her left hand on Link's knee, "happiness comes in all shapes and sizes. She changes everyday and is uniquely different for each person."

Link looked down, but Zelda used her right hand and lifted his chin up. They looked into each other's eyes.

"You don't need Sidon to be happy." Zelda let go of Link and stood up from the windowsill. "Sit and think on that, Link." 

Zelda walked back over to the door and opened it. Just before she left, she stuck her head back into Link's room and said, "Hey, Link."

Link looked up, "Yeah?"

Zelda smiled, "I love you."

Link smiled back, "I love you too."

Zelda closed the door and left Link alone with brand new things to think about.