Thank You

"Last stop, your bedroom!" Sidon had been informing Link on the layout of the entire royal house. From the extravagant kitchen to the extravagant dining area. Every room in the entire household had a unifying thing in common with one another, they were the definition of wealth. Beautiful pieces of art, jewelry, furniture, etc. were insight no matter where Link looked. He could see his reflection in even the framing of the artworks hung around the living room. Although Sidon was very entertaining as a tour guide, there were only so many times someone could describe expensive items without getting repetitive. To be quite frank, Link was receiving a headache and was begging for the tour to end.

"Your room is the guest room, Link. It's quite marvelous, if I do say so myself."

They walked up a set of stairs, Sidon before Link, and stopped at the top. The door to Link's bedroom was situated to the right of the peak of the flight of stairs.

Sidon was becoming giddy again like a child on Christmas, "Here we go!"

He opened the door and revealed the biggest bedroom Link had ever feasted his eyes upon. The room was a 30x30 square foot bedroom carved entirely out of stone. A humongous king sized bed was situated in the back center of the room. It was a deep, royal blue with baby blue curtains shielding the interior. There was also a separate area in the room where a stone coffee table, gray couch, and gray sofa chair resided. A pile of books were stacked on the coffee table. Paintings of landscapes and important Zoras lined the entire room. There was even a chandelier made of radiant sapphires and silver that hovered above the center of the room.

Link stepped into the room and gazed at the large bed. He was so ready to take a good, long rest.

Sidon rushed over to the books on the coffee table, "This book is absolutely amazing! It's about the struggles of being the only male Gerudo in Hyrule! And this one claims to have easy solutions for how to handle creatures in Hyrule!"

Sidon gently placed the two books back down on the table and rushed over to one of the paintings. "This painting was created by Pikango himself! It portrays a volcano and a snowy mountain. It symbolises the importance of antitheses in nature, such as fire and ice! Oh and thi--" Sidon hesitated. He looked at Link and the embarrassment was evident on his face.

"I'm sorry, Link. I get carried away in these kind of situations."

Sidon looked down towards the floor. "We rarely have guests stay here, so I get excited when we do. Especially when it's someone as special as you."

Link wanted to move closer to Sidon, but his body wouldn't move. He had never seen Sidon in such an insecure manner. He wanted to reach out and hug Sidon. He wanted to be there for him, but something was stopping him.

"You're probably tired. After all, you've been following me around all day, and that would make anyone tired." Sidon tried to force a smile on his face.

"I'm just gonna leave and let you rest now. Goodnight, Link." Sidon moved quickly towards the door. Link watched him as he went, bewildered by what he just witnessed.

Just as Sidon was about to close the door behind him, Link spoke, "Sidon."

Sidon stopped in his tracks and looked up, directly into Link's eyes.

"Thank you." There was a pause in the conversation and what felt like a pause in time. They gazed into each others' eyes. Link into lemonade yellow, Sidon into cerulean blue.

Sidon gave a genuine smile, "No, thank you, Link." And closed the door behind him. Leaving Link alone with his thoughts.

As Link stripped himself of all his clothes,except his underwear. He couldn't stop thinking about Sidon. From all his interaction with Sidon today, there must be an answer somewhere. Link gently pushed the curtains away and crawled underneath the thick, royal blue covers. He laid his head on the perfectly soft, perfectly stable pillows. His bed was remarkably comfortable. He could practically feel himself slipping away into sleep.

Link thought to himself, "Yes, Sidon was physically attractive, and yes, Sidon's personality was attractive, but there was something else. Something deeper...... deeper......... deeper............ deep."

Link peacefully fell into slumber.