20

I dropped the last of my boxes onto George's crowded floor.

"Let's save unpacking for tommorrow," he got a bit closer to me and kissed my cheek, "darling," I giggled, "What? You like those pet names? Luv, honey, sugar pie~"

"Sugar pie," I scrunched my nose. He only chuckled and looked off into the distance.

"George?"

"Yes dear?"

It took me a second to muster out the words, "am I ugly? I know I am..." George looked at me as if I had committed a crime.

"Ugly? Where did you get that ide- that doctor. Don't listen to hi-" I had to cut him off.

"It's not just the doctor. I know I'm ugly. My nose is huge, my hair is greasy, and my eyes look sad all the time." George took a deep breath and put his forehead to mine.

"Richard," he used my actual name, "your nose is adorable, your hair is perfect and voluptuous, and your eyes are the most beautiful things I've ever seen," he caressed my cheek. Tears began to stream down my face. Fucking crybaby.

"Stop lying," I sobbed.

"I'm not lying," George moved us to a couch. He rocked me back and forth, "shhh, you're my beautiful Richard. Don't let one's cruel words get to you." I felt my eyes get heavier as I fell into a deep sleep...

Quick trigger warning: the next chapters and most likely the rest of the story will contain self loathing and pity. You have been warned.