A Visit in the Night

It was hours later, Vivian had been sleeping but the sound of banging on her door made her eyes opened and she furrowed her brows. Eyes moving to the alarm clock, she comprehended it was three in the morning, and she slowly pushed the blankets off her bare legs. As she stood, her sweater fell to her mid thighs. She quietly walked through the trailer, grabbing a baseball bat as she did. She raised it slightly as she reached for the handle but a familiar voice called her name from the other side.

She furrowed her brows and opened the door, lowering the bat to see FP standing outside, swaying as he tried to know again. "FP?" she asked, and his eyes went wide. "What are you doing here? It's four in the morning?" she asked, sounding tired. FP hiccup and tried to take a step up towards the door but fell. "Oh my god!" she exclaimed as she opened the screen door, dropping the bat fully and moving to him.

He was on his back, groaning when Vivian got to his side, kneeling and touching his face. "I- I'm fine," he slurred out.

She bore a soft expression as she looked at him. "Oh, FP," she whispered. She looked at him, and he looked at her. "Sweetheart," she said softly and he tried to focus in on her. "You look tired." As the words left her mouth, she pushed his hair back slightly. "Come on, let's go inside," she whispered and he nodded his head. She helped him sit up and then to his feet, putting his arm over her shoulders and supporting him as they walked up the steps into the trailer. "Here," she said, closing the door and pulling the jacket from his shoulders, Betty must have returned it to him after she left. She tossed it onto the couch, and turned back to him, seeing him leaning against the wall, looking at her. "How did you get here?" she asked, walking up to him.

He blinked heavily as she reached him, placing a hand on his chest to stop the swaying he didn't even realize he was doing. "So-some of the uh, serpents brought me," he said, nodding his head. "Sorry, I told them your place... not mine."

"It's alright, I said anytime, that ones on me," she said quietly. She took a step back and sighed. "Make yourself at home, I'll make you some tea... you can stay as long as you need." She gave a sympathetic smile and touched his chest as she walked by him.

"Can I- uh... crash on your couch?" he asked, stumbling into the living room.

"I can take the couch, you can have the bed," she offered from the kitchen and he let out a noise of protest. She smiled softly and shook her head, putting the kettle on to warm up some water. She went to her bedroom, grabbing a pillow off her bed before moving to her closet for extra blankets. As she walked back out, she saw him sprawled out on the couch, pants on the ground beside him and his head propped up by a hand behind his head. She let out a breath, smiling slightly as she moved to him. She spread the blanket out on him and grabbed the pillow, gently lifting his head for him and placing it under him.

His eyes were half open the whole time, watching do these things, simply blinking as she smiled down at him. "You're beautiful," he whispered as she lowered his head back onto the pillow. She did a slight eye roll as the kettle began to whistle. She hurried back into the kitchen, pulling out a mug and a tea bag, pouring the hot water in to let it steep. She grabbed the trash can as well and returned, placing the garbage next to him and knelt beside him, offering him the tea. "Thanks, Viv," he said with a smirk, sitting up slightly and taking a sip.

"No problem, FP," she said softly. She stood up again and crossed her eyes. "In case you feel sick," she said, pointing to the garbage can and he nodded his head. "I'm going to head to bed, okay? Get some rest."

"Wait," he said, grabbing her hand, making her turn and look down at him. "Can I get a kiss?" he whispered and she softly smiled.

She knelt to him and he closed his eyes, ready to kiss her. She grabbed his jaw softly and turned his head, leaning in and placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. She pulled away and smirked at him. He opened his eyes and she began standing again. "Maybe if you ask when you're sober," she said softly before turning and walking back to her room.