Chapter 22 - Saving Grizz intervention

"Grizz!" they shouted.

Luke grabbed Grizz's limp body before he could touch the ground and gently put him down.

"Let's see this injury..." he whispered.

He lifted his coat before discovering that the right part of his shirt was now completely drenched in blood.

"Gosh, Grizz, you should have said something earlier...We have to carry him to the hospital, right now. I don't know who much blood he's lost yet but it certainly doesn't look good. Allie, have Kelly meet us at the hospital asap and tell her what happened." Luke instructed.

"Yea...Yeah, ok, Kelly..." she mumbled, grabbing her phone and dialing Kelly's urgency number.

"Alright, Sam, help me get him on my back so that I can carry him. We have to be careful though, try to readjust him so that there's no pressure on his right side."

"G...Grizz...?" Sam whispered, completely shocked and worried about his lifeless bleeding boyfriend.

"Sam ! There's no time to freak out ! I know you're worried but he's gonna be fine as long as you help me get him on my back so we can head to the hospital, okay?!"

"O...okay, I'll help you..."

They maneuvered Grizz on Luke's back, trying to be as careful as possible with his wounded side.

"Gosh, why does he have to be so tall?!" Luke mumbled, beginning to walk towards the town with Grizz.

They walked for what felt like eternity before realizing how far they really were from town.

"We're too far from the hospital...I think we should call someone to come pick us up if we wanna make it in time." Allie said.

"What do you mean, in time? In time, before what?" Sam asked with panicked eyes.

"No, nothing." she responded.

"Before what, Allie?!" he lost patience.

"Before he completely bleeds out, Sam. Let's be realistic, Grizz is tough but his injury's pretty deep, plus he just healed a fucking Grizzly. Healing is really exhausting for his body even though he never shows it. That, and his cardiac condition, I don't know how long he's gonna last before his heart gives in..." Luke said.

"But you said he was gonna be fine..." Sam half sobbed.

"Yeah, but I didn't realize how far we were from town..." Luke said with an elusive look.

"Come on, Luke ! You were the one talking sense in me just ten minutes ago, you can't give up like that ! He's gonna be safe, period. I'm calling Becca to come pick us up right now."

"Okay, call her..."

A car rushed in front of them a few minutes later. Becca had never drove so fast in her life, but after half hearing her deaf best friend so desperate on the phone, she knew something bad had happened.

"What happened ? God, Grizz ! Is he gonna be okay ?" she worried.

"Not if we don't hurry our asses up to the hospital." Luke said, carrying Grizz to the car with Sam.

"Thank you for coming so fast, Becca." he signed to her.

"Let's go !" Luke shouted.

When they arrived at the hospital, Kelly was waiting with Gordie and Jason.

"He's here, let's go." she said to Gordie.

"Explain to me exactly what he told you and how he acted before passing out." she then addressed Luke.